Adventist Development and Relief Agency International (ADRA)
A consultant to conduct training social and emotional learning and psychosocial support to educators, caregivers, and learners – Somalia
Closing date: 27 Oct 2023
Organization: Adventist Development and Relief Agency International (ADRA)
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANT
An international NGO working in Somalia is seeking to recruit a consultant to conduct training social and emotional learning and psychosocial support to educators, caregivers, and learners.
Objectives of the training:
The objectives of the sought psychosocial support training are two-fold:
- Promote students’ self-awareness, self- management, social-awareness, relationship, and responsible decision-making skills.
- To improve students’ attitudes and beliefs about self, others, school, and community.
- To promote a social environment that protects all children from exposure to situations that have harmful effects on their psychosocial well-being.
- To ensure the protection, recovery and reintegration of children who have been exposed to situations harmful to their psychosocial development particularly IDP and other socially marginalized learners.
In the medium-term, the social and emotional skills should benefit learners in terms of:
- More positive attitudes toward oneself, others, and tasks including enhanced self-efficacy, confidence, persistence, empathy, connection and commitment to school, and a sense of purpose.
- More positive social behaviours and relationships with peers and adults.
- Reduced conduct problems and risk-taking behaviours.
- Decreased emotional distress.
- Improved test scores, grades, and school attendance.
Scope of Work and Timeline of Activities
The consultancy is expected to commence on 5th November 2023. A detailed workplan and timelines will be proposed by the consultant, to be discussed prior to the commencement of the assignment. The consultant will be required to submit a technical proposal indicating the number of days and rate for the consultancy work with a realistic action plan. As a guideline, the breakdown should consist of inception phase, pre-training workshop preparation (training needs assessment, training manual), training workshop and reporting phase (training workshop report and final training manual).
Participation will be critical to the methodology chosen. The consultant is expected to propose least cost but the most effective approach to undertake assessments and deliver trainings. The viability of the proposed approaches and methodologies will be evaluated by the project team prior to commencement of the activities.
All deliverables will be completed with guidance, input and feedback from the Project Manager or designate the following outputs are expected:
- Detailed work plan for undertaking the assessment and delivery of the trainings.
- Debrief session with programme team/staff on the findings.
- Draft and Final Training Report including the training manual(s).
- The consultant’s travel from base to the field and back after the end of the contract will be covered by the Agency.
- The consultant will propose the professional fee as part of their financial proposal. (Daily rate X number of days = Total professional fee).
- The consultants shall be responsible for their income tax and/or insurance during the assignment.
- The consultant is bound by the principles and conditions of Agency Code of Conduct.
A contract will be signed by the consultant upon commencement of the assignment which will detail additional terms and conditions of service, aspects on inputs and deliverables.
Qualifications of the Consultant
- Professional or graduate studies in either Clinical Psychology, Education or Social Sciences
- Good technical knowledge on child protection and child rights issues.
- At least 3 years of experience in psychological and psychotherapeutic interventions, specifically working on SEL or MHPSS system development.
- At least 3 years of previous experience in providing services to displaced populations, migrants, refugees, or conflict affected populations in a protracted context.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of training curricula and solid understanding of adult learning principles.
- Fluency in Somali language is a mandatory requirement for this assignment.
How to apply
Technical and Financial including a detailed curriculum vitae should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 27th October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com