Galmudug State of Somalia
Admin and Finance Director – Dhusamareb, Somalia
MINISTRY OF MINISTRY OF COMMERCE
|Job Title:||Admin and Finance Director|
|Department:||Admin and Finance Department|
|Ministry:||Ministry of Commerce|
|Reporting to:||Director General|
|Hours||36 per week|
|Deadline:||24 February, 2021|
This position is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, talent management and audit functions of the Ministry. The position ensures that there are effective financial and accounting system controls and standards in place. The Director of Finance & Administration is a member of the head of department Team and plays a critical role in strategic decision making and operations, as continues to enhance Ministry performance as a whole and build capacity. This position works closely with the DG to support the fiduciary between the Ministry and Community. The Director of Finance & Administration He/ She shall be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the policies and procedures pertaining to finance, procurement, human resource management and records/archives management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring daily employee’s attendance, produce weekly, Monthly and annual reports and make sure the attendance and payroll payment is matched and submit to the DG for the purpose of approval.
- Managing ministry’s finance and logistics services
- Maintaining the current and fixed assets of the ministry
- Coordinating the implementation of financial Management, procurement, human resource management.
- Supervising the installation and implementation of appropriate financial management and internal control systems to minimize risk and fraud
- Assessing financial impact on the implementation of Ministry’s work plans and budgets
- Overseeing annual financial audits and adequate management responses to audit queries is provided
- Ensuring effectiveness and functionality of records management system including general, confidential and personnel records.
- Providing information to ministerial staff and creating annual work plans, to ensure effective annual performance review and appraisal.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in finance management, public administration, Business Administration, HR or related discipline from a recognized University.
- The position requires at least 3 years’ experience obtained by working in the area of human resource or Accounting in a public or private sector.
- Sound human resource management skills.-essential
- Sound leadership and organisational development skills. –essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages.-essential
- Strong understanding of government financial management and measures of performance.
- Good understanding of accounting principles including accrual accounting and reconciliations of accounts
- Respect for the different contribution or diversity of individuals within the staff team demonstrated team work skills
- Experience in providing general support to various working group or team
- Ability to work independently by managing own workload with minimum supervision
- Attention to detail and good time management and self-organizational skills
- Commitment to a process of continuous improvement.
- Ability to deliver in a stressful situation.
- The ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to the Ministry of security.
- High standards of ethical behavior and integrity.
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve complex issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Somali
HOW TO APPLY:
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to email@example.com, kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when you applying.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged.
The selection process will begin as soon as possible after the closing date. Selected candidates will be invited to written Exam and an interview