United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Administrative Associate (Roster) Mogadishu, multiple locations (Somalia)
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Mogadishu, Hargeisa, Garoowe
- Closing Date: 2023-12-07
The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
UNDP adopts a portfolio approach to accommodate changing business needs and leverage linkages across interventions to achieve its strategic goals. Therefore, UNDP personnel are expected to work across units, functions, teams, and projects in multidisciplinary teams in order to enhance and enable horizontal collaboration
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Develop CO administrative business processes mapping and elaboration of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Prepare administrative team results-oriented workplans.
- Elaborate proposals and implement cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management.
Coordinate Asset Management in the Country Office.
- Prepare and submit periodic inventory and asset management reports, coordinate physical verification of inventory items.
- Ensure proper inventory control and supervise proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
Provide support for effective administrative and financial control in the country office.
- Present thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources for administrative services. Assist in the preparation of budget, audit and other reports; and provide researched information and reports for audit exercises.
- Implement the control mechanism for administrative services, maintain administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures, and ensure compliance with business continuity requirements.
- Review, research, verify and reconcile a variety of data and reports ensuring accuracy and conformance with administrative rules and regulations.
- Review of data integrity in the database, control programme; analyze results and initiate corrective actions when necessary.
- Review travel authorizations, documentation, payments
- Ensure proper planning and tracking of common services budget and of Agencies’ contributions to the common services account. Submit information on administrative services provided for cost-recovery bills.
Ensure appropriate and required administrative and logistical support is provided to the Country Office.
- Coordinate the provision of reliable and quality office supplies.
- Coordinate and supervise shipments and customs clearance, travel, events management, administrative surveys, transportation services and insurance, space management, and procurement of supplies.
- Provide support for protocol matters, registration of staff, space, coordination with local authorities, and other administrative matters.
- Ensure maintenance of common services to ensure integrated of common services activities and implementation of the UN reform.
Facilitate knowledge building and sharing in the Country Office.
- Organize training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization
- Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities: May supervise support staff engaged in the fields of registry, general services, telephone operator/receptionist.
- Core – applicable to all personnel. Select the relevant level for each competency based on the required behaviors.
- People Management – if the personnel has people management responsibilities, insert the standard text with the link to the people management competencies list.
Cross-functional & Technical
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously:||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility:||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination:||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner:||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
|Business Management||Customer Satisfaction/Client Management||
|Business Management||Operations Management||
|Administration and Operations||Assets management||
|Administration and Operations||Management of shipments
|Administration & Operations||Building, facilities & office space management
|Administration & Operations||Events management (including retreats, trainings and meetings)||
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education is required
- University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent field will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement
- Certifications in Administration and Procurement are desirable
- Minimum of 6 years (with high school diploma) or 3 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in administration or programme support services.
- Experience in the use of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), data packages, and web-based management systems such as ERP.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.