MSF – SOMALILAND
BASE AND FACILITY OFFICER – Hargeisa & Regions, Somaliland
|JOB Vacancy Announcement
MSF – SOMALILAND
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and demands full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Since January 2019, MSF is supporting the National Tuberculosis Program in Somaliland and started to work in Hargeisa TB Hospital, specifically in the Drug Resistance Tuberculosis centre and supporting 3 Regional Hospitals in Tuberculosis.
The aim is to reduce the morbidity, mortality and burden of TB and more specifically MDR-TB with below objectives:
o To improve the quality of DR-TB diagnosis in MSF supported facilities (Hargeisa DR-TB hospital and Regional TB centres (Borama, Berbera and Burco)
o To improve Infection Prevention and Control in Hargeisa TB hospital and the Regional TB centres supported by MSF (Borama, Berbera and Burco)
o To improve MDR-TB patient care and treatment Outcomes of Hargeisa MDR-TB centre cohort
o To increase DR-TB case finding using different models to increase access to TB screening and diagnosis
For DR-TB project in Somaliland, MSF is looking for:
BASE AND FACILITY OFFICER
Workplace : Hargeisa & Regions
Type of contract : Open Ended Contract
Start date :
Main purpose of the position
Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base, office and Hospitals [ consumption of supplies, local infrastructure, assisting on delegated works on stock management, custom clearance and Movement follow up ] according to MSF protocols and standards in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
- Tracking consumption of supplies used in different facilities office, base, clinics etc.
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips if needed, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Checking the maintenance of the various open space (Garden, courtyard) and ensuring that domestic waste is collected
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical wall, ceiling etc. and security conditions in this sense making inspection visit to assess the rehabilitation need of facilities
- Perform the maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, biomed, ACs, dispenser, washing machine etc
- Participating in Training at the request of line manager
- Report to Log Supervisor in case specific activities have to be performed in the facilities [ office, base, and clinics]
- Ensuring smooth running of administration and procedures related to his/her activity(ies)
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her specialty and as specified in his/her job description.
|Essential secondary education
|Working experience in NGO
|English and Somali essential
|• Results and Quality Orientation• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Commitment to MSF Principles
• Stress Management
This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
Applications are to be sent online only on the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of application: 3d July 2021
Please precise on the Subject of the application “Base and Facility Officer” and your name.
Joint to your email:
- Cover letter in English
- Updated CV in English
- Copies of diploma(s) and work certificate(s) relevant for the position
- ID copy
The selected candidates after screening will be called for a written test in English.
Then, the successful candidates from the written test will be called for interview in English.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com