BENADIR REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION
BRA PIU Coordinator – Mogadishu
BENADIR REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION
SOMALIA URBAN RESILIENCE PROJECT PHASE TWO (SURP-II)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT’S SELECTION
Country: Federal Government of Somalia
Name of the Project: Somalia Urban Resilience Project-Phase Two
Consulting Service: BRA PIU Coordinator
Duty Station: Mogadishu Municipality
Deadline: 8th May 2021
Ref No.: SO-MM-208113-CS-INDV
Somalia Urban Resilience Project Phase Two (SURP II or the “Project”) aims to enhance the resilience of select cities, with a particular focus on supporting physical infrastructure by financing investments in priority urban infrastructure. The Project will also strengthen the municipal government’s capacity and foster confidence in local structures, while supporting cooperation between the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS), Federal Member States (FMS), and municipal governments. Furthermore, the Project aims to help strengthen social resilience by fostering social cohesion and supporting infrastructure that benefits both host communities and internally displaced persons, ensuring investments are prioritized through a participatory, evidence based and inclusive decision-making process. Government-citizen trust will be at the core of the Project, with communities engaged at all stages of project design, implementation, and monitoring.
The Project was approved in December 2019 and is expected to close on 31st December 2024.
The Benadir Regional Administration is seeking to use a portion of the SURP-II funds to finance the recruitment of BRA PIU Coordinator.
In coordination with the Federal PCU, the SURP-II BRA PIU Coordinator has the overall responsibility to anchor and lead all project readiness and management aspects of the Project for the Mogadishu Municipality. BRA-PIU Coordinator will directly report to the Mayor of Mogadishu. The Project coordinator will also report technical side of the project to the SURP-II Programme Coordinator in PCU. The BRA PIU Coordinator will report to the BRA Senior Management as well as to the PCU Coordinator.
The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- A minimum of a University degree in a relevent in Social Sciences, including Public Adminstration, Business Administration, Project Management, International Relations or Development Studies.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant working experience in an infrastructure project development and management in Somalia.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong working knowledge of World Bank, African Development Bank or UN or Internatinal NGOs procurement processes.
- Proven experience of managing infrastructure projects in the context of a devolved federal system of goverance or local authority
- Strong understanding of best-practice approaches to monitoringof infrastruture devloment projects
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- A drive for results in a relatively high-volume, quick-paced program environment, creativity and analytical capability required to respond to evolving program demands and current events.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work within and build a team environment, ability to provide both detailed and strategic analysis, excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a diverse work environment.
- Ability to adapt to, manage and cope with change.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali and English required.
- Demonstrated good understanding of the local dynamics in Somalia
The duration of the assignment shall initially be for a period one year with a three-month trial period at the start of the contract.
The Benadir Regional Administration (“Client”) now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the Services and provide his/her Curriculum Vitae (CV).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
Interested applicants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference from the from the BRA website on: www.bra.gov.so or upon submission of application to the following email address given below during office hours from 8.30 a.m.– 3.30 p.m. Saturday to Thursday.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered electronically to the above email address by 8th May, 2021 at
15:00 PM and indicate “Expression of Interest for BRA PIU Coordinator.”
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs