HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
Budget Officer- Operations – Jowhar, Hirshabelle, Somalia
Dowlad Goboleedka Hirshabelle ee Soomaaliya
دولة إقليم هير شبيلي الصومالية
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
|Job Title:||Budget Officer- Operations|
|Ministry/ employing authority||Ministry of Finance and economic development|
|Grade Level & Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Budget director|
|Hours:||36 hrs per week|
Purpose of the position
This position is a support position within the Budget Department of the Ministry of Finance. It has the responsibility to provide analytical scrutiny of ministry budget proposals and contribute to the budget preparation process. The Budget Officer would also develop policy proposals for Council of minister’s consideration. Duties include: Assisting with the overall budget process by setting the budget ceiling, scrutiny of Ministry budget proposals for inclusion in the annual budget, ongoing monitoring of Ministries budget proposals, ongoing monitoring and review of budget spending throughout the year and assisting with the development of budget policy proposals. The incumbent will provide impartial, accurate and timely budget information as and when requested by the Treasurer.
- Responsibilities and Duties
The Budget Officer, Budget Operations will:
- Carry out their duties in relation to budget preparation support, monitoring and review of budget to ensure high standards are maintained at all times. This includes:
- Ensuring that the public financial legislation financial management procedures and policies are adhered to in the performance of duties and in delivering services; Maintaining and ensuring compliance with standard operating policies and procedures with respect to recording and reporting of financial information.
- Assist with the preparation of the HSS’s budget in accordance with the Public Financial Management acts; Assist with preparing the budget preparation framework paper and initial budget circular, setting the ceiling budget and distributing to the Ministries seeking budget submissions. Assist with the facilitation of the Budget Preparation workshop to commence the budget process.
- Consulting with the Customs and Taxation Department to obtain the Revenue measures and estimates for inclusion in the annual budget presentation. Consulting with Ministries to discuss their draft budget submissions.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Proposed Budget and accompanying documents to the Council of Ministers and Parliament.
- Analysing Ministry budget proposals for inclusion in the annual budget.
- Assist with the entering of the budget data into the FMIS;
- Entering of the approved budget.
- Processing of budget allotment releases.
- Entering of budget reallocations.
- Entering of supplementary budget data.
- Monitor budget against actual spending throughout the year:
- Reviewing the data within the FMIS to ensure reported accurately, carrying out regular review and reconciliation of balances and liaising with other Managers to obtain relevant information and reports in support of these balances.
- Ensuring adequate work papers and supporting records are maintained to support the necessary adjustments to the general ledger.
- Follow-up with Ministries in regard to spending variances against budget to obtain information in this regard, preparing regular reports for the Budget Director and Minister.
- Assist with the preparation of supplementary budgets.
- Preparation of regular budget reports for distribution to Ministries including assisting with the preparation of the mid-year fiscal review.
- Preparation of budget reports to senior management, Minster and Council of ministers reporting on status of budget spending highlighting and providing explanation as to any budget variances.
- Assist with the Developing policy proposals for Council of Minister’s consideration and supervise their implementation.
- Support audit reports for management response
- Support Preparation of Monthly and quarterly reports
- Carry out any other assignment requested by the line manager and the Ministry Management
- Qualification and Experiences
- Bachler degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Economics and/or Financial Management
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) – desirable
- 3 years’ experience of similar role in the public or private sector is an advantage.
- An understanding of internal Financial Procedures.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral for Somali and English.
- Well-developed management and organization skills
- Good ethical values of Honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Flexibility and ability work on multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
How to apply
Please Click the Link and Fill the Application Form: APPLICATION-FORM78.docx.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the application form and send to email@example.com by not later than 05th June 2021
- Please quote the position you are applying in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website. www.qaranjobs.com
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org