Chief Commercial Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
|Job Title||Chief Commercial Officer|
|Supervises||Commercial Services Managers And Staff|
|Reports to||Chief Executive Officer (CEO)|
|Classification||Senior Management Team (SMT)|
Amtel is one of the major and the fastest growing telecommunication companies in Somalia. The main objective of the Chief Commercial Officer position is to lead the day-to-day commercial services of Amtel focusing on the long-term interests of the business. The position pursues new business opportunities and manages functions such as company marketing, sales, customer services, designing of new products and other matters relating to company’s core services of delivering various telecommunication services. The holder of this position develops and maintains strong relationships across executive and mid-management levels companywide in order to introduce and develop Amtel’s brand message and strategy and to ensure the most satisfying customer care.
Another key objective of this position is to leader and guidance Amtel personnel responsible for interacting and satisfying company’s current and future customers and thus continuously improving business practices. The Chief Commercial Officer must be able to lead the development of not only the brand positioning/strategy, but also to initiate and design new services and products for the aim of effectively meeting the needs and wants of Amtel customers. Under the direct supervision of Amtel CEO, the incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with managers and commercial personnel in order to promote a leadership position for the current and future brand and product offerings of Amtel. This position plays a critical role in the marketing and corporate management of Amtel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties of this position include the following:
- Examines company rules to make sure they stay relevant and makes recommendations for necessary changes;
- Assists commercial managers and leads a cohesive team responsible for achieving a leadership position;
- Continuously assesses risks and makes recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation;
- Oversees the daily commercial activities of the company countrywide; and
- Directly supervise and guide all regional commercial managers and department managers of marketing, sales, customer, product design and public relations.
Sales and Marketing
- Working under the direct supervision of the CEO and as a key member of the Senior Management Team, sets marketing and sales goals and strategies and ensures that marketing objectives of Amtel are effectively and timely implemented by marketing teams across the company;
- Looks for market opportunities to grow the business through partnerships or new initiatives and works to take advantage of those opportunities;
- Analyzes sales and other reports that give insights into how the company can make adjustments to improve performance;
- Works closely with the technical services and engineering services to define appropriate marketing tools and programs;
- Leads company’s sales teams and enables them to meet their sales targets by providing them with appropriate tools and resources;
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the brand strategy, promotion activity, contests and incentive strategies;
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with key market actors as well as ensuring the effectiveness of marketing expenses;
- Leads projects, such as the development of marketing plans and forecasts, estimating costs and preparing pricing studies; and
- Develops marketing strategy for new and existing products;
- Oversees implementation of the marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing and public relations (PR) for key audiences (e.g. businesses, government, non-profit organizations, civic and community associations and the public);
- Develops and delivers PR and communications strategies for the company; and
- Oversees Amtel’s internet presence and usage of social media and directs programs to improve social media reputation and recognition;
- Works on complex issues which requires research, input from multiple sources and innovative problem solving;
- Coaches customer care managers and staff on best practices for managing commercial aspects of the business and handling daily issues and tasks;
- Monitors and analyzes customer needs trends to help drive performance;
- Develops new promotions to attract new customers and help drive revenue increases; and
- Works with internal stakeholders to develop and execute new customer care measures, programs and promotions.
- Regularly leads market studies order to achieve deep understanding of our target customers, the industry and our competition with the purpose of designing new products and services;
- Undertakes continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends; and
- Acts in a multi-discipline project leadership role working towards the development of new solutions, processes, tools and systems.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirement:
- Master’s Degree in Business administration, Commerce or related field.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in commercial services, including at least five (5) years of experience in developing and executing strategic marketing and branding.
- Minimum five (5) years of solid experience in the telecommunication industry;
- Demonstrable customer care leadership experience in the Somali context is required; and
- Membership of one or more professional bodies is an advantage.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- The applicant must have been working in and around Southern Somalia preferably in Banadir region for the last 7years.
- Proven track record of successfully managing branding, marketing strategy, marketing campaigns, product and service design, sales promotion activities etc.;
- Experience establishing and managing company relationships and marketing activities;
- Strong knowledge of managing digital marketing and use of devices (tablet, smart-phone, feature phone, etc.);
- Strong analytical and fact-based decision-making skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with various cross-functional teams throughout the company;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build consensus with teams and co-workers;
- Strong business writing and presentation skills;
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills; and
- Strong coaching skills;
- Demonstrated ability to follow sound business ethics when executing job responsibilities to build and maintain management confidence;
- Clear articulation of ideas, advanced presentation skills and persuasive written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively across all functional areas of the customer organization;
- Strong leadership experience in customer satisfaction;
- Tested PR and communication experience with successful results;
- Decisive and negotiating talent;
- Highly professional;
- Deep knowledge in commercial services and ability to process the big-picture matters; and
- Strong attention to details, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and strong ability to meet multiple deadlines.
All applications should be marked as “Chief Commercial Officer” in the subject line and each application should include the following:
- Cover letter explaining why you are best suited for the position,
- An updated CV showing relevant qualifications and work experience, and
- Three contactable references
- Attached Academic& Work Experience Documents including with ( Degree, Master, PhD and Work Reference Letters )
Mogadishu local residents are highly encouraged to apply this Position.
Applications must be addressed to: email@example.com
The application deadline of this post is 17th August 2023 up to 25th September 2023 4pm Somalia time. Late applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.