Save the Children
Chief of Party – GPE Programme – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job Identification 3948
- Job Category Programme Operations
- Posting Date 10/12/2023, 11:58 AM
- Apply Before 10/23/2023, 08:58 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations AO – Mogadishu
Chief of Party – GPE Programme
Title: Chief of Party – Save the children International – Somalia Country Office – open to nationals/Internationals.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Save the Children is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the Global Partnership for Education Program in Somalia. Save the Children is selected as the Grant Agent for Somalia GPE Partnership Compact in Federal Government of Somalia. Save the Children is awarded the role of Grant Agent for the implementation of Systems Transformation Grant both the 80% initial allocation and 20% top up allocation. Save the Children is also awarded as the Grant Agent for the allocations in Somaliland including Systems Transformation, Girls Education Accelerator and Systems Capacity.
The GPE Partnership Compact Grant will contribute to transform the education system, dramatically increasing access to education, improve quality of education, while also making service delivery more equitable, inclusive, efficient, and effective, and strengthening the capacity of the Government to deliver on its mandate.
The COP is a senior leadership role and will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation, and overall quality assurance of the GPE funded education portfolio. The COP will be the primary point of contact with the donor and be responsible for the sustainability of project interventions. The COP will lead programmatic, operational, and administrative activities. The COP is responsible for overseeing the overall strategic delivery of the program to ensure education opportunities that are accessible, relevant and of high quality.
The COP will be responsible for strategic leadership and for developing a strong vision and implementation of the GPE Compact with an evidence-based approach, integrating innovative strategies, and delivering on all objectives of the project. They will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of all project staff. They will collaborate with all relevant stakeholders, including creating synergy with the larger GPE portfolio in the country, to strengthen education systems as well as support the design of service delivery strategies, track progress towards achieving program goals and adapt as necessary.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Deputy Country Director – Operations
Staff reporting to this post: GPE Programme Directors
Budget responsibility: 88 million.
The role holder will closely work with both Save the Children team including Country Director, Deputy Country Director and Technical Team in the delivery of the GPE program; and the MOECHE leadership including the Minister, the state minister, the Deputy Minister and the Director General. The role holder will also collaborate with all stakeholders working in the education system in Somalia.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in a relevant area of expertise preferred, such as education or international development. Bachelor’s degree required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience designing, managing and implementing large and complex education programs.
- At least five years of senior program experience working and living in a developing country, ideally in Somalia or Horn of Africa
- In-depth knowledge of GPE approaches and regulations.
- Prior experience as GPE Chief of Party or Program Director.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Creative problem solving skills with the ability to work effectively in resource-constrained environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Personal commitment to gender equality, child rights and social inclusion.
- Experience of working with government systems and understanding program implementation through government systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors, consortium members and other stakeholders, at national and sub-national levels.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in building Ministry of Education and devolved structures capacity in developing and realizing education strategic plans to provide quality Education services.
- Demonstrated experience of supervising and mentoring technical staff
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the dynamics in Somalia Education system
- Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering teamwork.
- Strong management skills, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (professional level proficiency) and Somali language is mandatory.
Please apply in English saving your cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document.
For more information about Save the Children in Somalia and to see a full a job description, visit our website at https://somalia.savethechildren.net/career
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, and our working environment is inclusive and accessible.
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Application will be closed on 23rd October 2023
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.