Communication specialist – Nairobi, Kenya
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
- Assist with the overall day to management of the Fund and liaise when necessary with relevant OCHA HQ sections (i.e. OAD, HFRMS, DRS, DVU, or Multi-Partner Trust Fund Office (MPTF)
- Conduct periodic field visits to promote the knowledge and support the appropriate use of the Fund in line with its operational guidelines, focusing on key actors (i.e. OCHA field colleagues, recipient organizations, local governments, communities).
- Support with communication during the allocation process to all stakeholders, including cluster coordinators, partners, OCHA colleagues, and donors
- Engage with clusters and partners in proposal screening, project administration, monitoring and reporting of projects funded by the SHF.
- Liaise with and provide necessary support to recipient organizations of the Fund throughout the life cycle of the projects.
- Support OCHA resource mobilization, including through the drafting of proposals and submission of reports to donors on behalf of OCHA.
- Support with coordination and information exchange with humanitarian donors aiming to promote coordinated and complementary use of funds.
- Support in the preparation of the SHF Annual Report
- Assist with ensuring compliance with monitoring and reporting requirements in place for the Fund
- Contribute to timely reporting on the activities of the Fund to relevant stakeholders
- Assist in the preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies in consultation with relevant sections.
- Supporting the Head of the Humanitarian Financing Unit with the implementation of communications and external relations activities of the Somalia Humanitarian Fund (SHF)
- Preparing and delivering regular public information content that feature the implementation and impact of CERF/SHF-funded projects and interventions, including human interest stories, audio visual materials, text etc. across multiple platforms (website, bulletins, dashboards, and reports, social media)
- Preparing donor communications materials upon request, including briefing materials, presentations, and infographics on SHF and other humanitarian financing issues (Humanitarian Response Plan funding status etc.)
- Developing content for the web site and social media platforms (Twitter and Facebook) via communication with and engagement of donors, partners, beneficiaries, and general public
- Research, analyse, and present SHF and broader humanitarian financing information, in particular funding trends and requirements, gathered from diverse sources.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Fund Manager and OCHA Deputy Head of Office
Master degree or equivalent
- Experience at the national or international level in public information, communications an asset
- Experience working with international partners and donors an asset.
- Proven ability to produce public information / reports in an interesting, clear and concise manner
- Fluent spoken and written English is a requirement.
- Knowledge of institutional mandates, policies and guidelines pertaining to humanitarian assistance and humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills required. Demonstrated proficiency with graphic software and publishing tools (Adobe Creative suite etc.) will be considered an advantage.
Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or projectis being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is desirable. Experience with the UN common system is desirable.
Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Public information and reporting, Journalism, mass media and broadcasting
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 11 May 2021
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs