Federal Government Of Somalia
Communications Specialist – Mogadishu, Somalia
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
COUNTRY: Ministry of Finance (MoF) – Federal Republic of Somalia (FGS)
PROJECT: Somalia Crisis Recovery Project (SCRP)
PROJECT ID: P173315
Grant No.: IDA-D6300
Assignment Title: Communications Specialist
Reference No.: SO-MOF-229866-CS-INDV
Place of assignment: Mogadishu, Somalia
Date issued: 25th May, 2021
Closing Date: 9th June, 2021
The proposed Somalia Crisis Recovery Project (SCRP, P173315) is a flood and disaster recovery, and reconstruction project financed by the World Bank to the Federal Ministry of Finance (MOF). It will support immediate and sustainable flood recovery and finance activities to mitigate future against shocks, by supporting: (a) immediate early floods recovery and service delivery restoration activities; (b) immediate support activities to respond and mitigate COVID 19; (c) medium-term rehabilitation of flood-impacted infrastructure, services and livelihoods; (d) elements of immediate and longer-term crisis preparedness and recovery; (e) detailed flood risk management plans, including both structural and non-structural flood risk management solutions for the country; and (f) support to enhance government performance and accountability and citizen engagement in service delivery.
Specifically, the project supports the immediate crisis recovery and longer-term resilience building against natural and manmade shocks in Somalia. The Project is a single, coordinated, and harmonized multi-sectoral approach to early and medium-term recovery and aims to address immediate impacts of the flood crisis, while gradually transitioning to recovery and building resilience against future shocks. The multi-sectoral approach provides a more integrated, holistic, and sustainable solution by combining interventions across multiple sectors to catalyse recovery of productive assets, food production, and livelihood systems as well harmonization of the interventions across sectors.
The Project primarily targets the three flood-affected states of Hirshabelle, South West, and Jubaland, while advancing a national approach to the locust response, longer-term resilience building, and the CERC (emergency COVID 19 activities). The financing instrument of the proposed Project is an IDA-based Investment Project Financing, with an operational life of four years.
In order to effectively and visibly communicate the developmental results delivered and to ensure the project is branded or marketed in way that is consistent with its intended developmental outcomes, part of the Grant proceeds is allocated to hire an Individual Consultant to provide communication and reporting services.
- 2. Scope of Work and Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of the Communications Specialist shall include but not limited to the following:
- Develop the communication strategy and action plan to support the objectives of the SCRP with the aim of expanding the visibility of the project;
- Ensure the project is branded and marketed in way that is consistent with its intended developmental outcomes;
- Design and manage all aspects of internal and external project communications;
- Contribute to the development of high-quality knowledge and learning content including data visualizations, success stories, case studies, and other reporting that informs learning activities and adaptive management decisions;
- Support the promotion of project activities through key communication channels and engage critical partners and communities of practice through strategic outreach and innovative communication practices
The responsibilities of the Communications Specialist as detailed in the terms of reference provided.
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent higher education in communications, journalism, public relations, social sciences or international relations;
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in developing and implementing relevant communications strategy;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in mass media, communication journalism or d multimedia production and communications for a public-sector institution at national or international level
- Experience in development and implementation of project or institutional branding and messaging in both English and Somali;
- Experience in managing the project’s social media content and presence on appropriate platforms and other messaging services;
- Experience of leading similar assignment(s) in Somalia and/or federal states, with knowledge of public and private media houses in Somalia;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a diverse work environment;
- Excellent computer skills, including website content management;
- Excellent Command of written and spoken Somali and English
The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Financenow invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) can be found at the following website: www.mof.gov.so or it can be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application to the address indicated below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14 and 3.21 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants selection method set out in the “Procurement Regulations”.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from 9:00 to 3.30pm Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered by e-mail to the address below by 9th June 2021 at 17:00 Hours (Mogadishu Time) marked clearly as Application for Communications Specialist
Somalia Crisis Recovery Project (SCRP),
Ministry of Finance, Federal Republic of Somalia
Shangani District, Mogadishu
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:-
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs