Horn of Africa Peace Network (HAPEN)
Community Response and Feedback Mechanism – CRFM – Beled Xaawo District, Gedo Region, Somalia
Closing date 30 Apr 2021
HORN OF AFRICA PEACE NETWORK
Converting Conflicts to Peace
Horn of Africa Peace Network (HAPEN) is a not-for-profit making and Non-Governmental Organization that was established in 2008 in response to immense suffering caused by protracted civil strife, drought and floods in the Horn of Africa Region. HAPEN works to provide emergency and other humanitarian support to the affected populations in Somalia while building their capacity to reduce their vulnerability. The organization targets among others, pastoralists, farmers, agro-pastoralists, fisherfolk, urban poor, returnees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Community Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) Officer will support the Field Officers in their efforts to strengthen the quality and accountability to the affected population for the project ‘Provision of Emergency Shelter and NFIs in Belet Xaawo District, Gedo Region’. He/she will be the primary point of contact for beneficiaries’ complaints and feedback; record any complaints in the database; liaise with Field Officers and senior management in addressing and resolving complaints; and assist in any other Accountability activities as required. In addition, the officer will ensure that mechanisms are in place regarding information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism. HAPEN requires to fill one position. The position will be supervised by the Field Officer. The project will run for Nine (9) months.
Job Responsibilities **
· Receive complaints and feedback via dedicated hotline line and CRFM desk and ensure all information is properly documented;
· Maintain an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences with subsequent regular updates to the respective supervisors;
· Work with Field Officers to ensure the most vulnerable groups have equal access to communication channels and feedback mechanisms and participate in decision making processes.
· Ensure that feedback, community perceptions and insights are regularly analyzed.
· Submit internal and accurate reports to the decision makers on a monthly basis and whenever required to inform action;
· Ensure that confidentiality of complaint data is respected;
· Respond to beneficiaries’ complaints as per the CRFM;
· Ensure follow up of decision taken;
· Build staff awareness and commitment to complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs are respected;
· Liaise with field team and senior management to ensure that feedback and complaints are addressed and resolved;
· Liaise with camp management and community leaders regarding the response on the complaints received;
Managing/Maintain the hotline service and CRFM Desks
· Follow up to ensure the hotline subscription is paid on time so that the system is always up and running;
· Maintain the telephone apparatus and make sure the batteries are always fully charged ;
· Report any technical problems to her/his supervisor on time and follow up its maintenance;
· Design a strategy and regularly check whether all the target communities have access to the hotline service and CRFM desks;
· Devising and implementing ways of effectively communicating the Accountability Mechanisms to all project stakeholders
Perform any other duties as required.
· Diploma in development studies, project management, Social Sciences or equivalent
· Fluent in written and spoken English and Somali
· Good computer skills.
· Good listening and analytical skills
· Three years’ experience working with NGOs, or related field.
· Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with beneficiaries, community members, and partners.
· Able to complete required reporting and documentation within the set deadlines.
· Highly motivated, creative, and compassionate person who is dedicated to ensuring that models of best practice are utilized.
· Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
· Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
· Ability to work in a challenging environment.
· Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
How to apply
To apply for this job, please send your application, Certificates and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th April 2021, 1700hours
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com