Data Entry Clerk – Jigjiga, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
|Position Title||Data Entry Clerk|
|Duty Station||Jigjiga, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||22.04.2021 – 07.05.2021|
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager in Ethiopia and direct supervision of the Information Management and Reporting Officer, the Data Entry Clerk will work in close coordination with the Transition and Recovery team. The successful candidate will be assisting the Information Management and Reporting Officer in the data entry and filing of the “Social and Economic Reintegration of Ex-Combatants and of Conflict Affected Groups in Ethiopia” (SERE) project data in Ethiopia. The selected candidate will be based in Jigjiga.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure completeness of data collected through verifications, validations and corrections before entering the data;
- Assist the SERE project team by capturing the necessary data of the ex-combatants into the central database.
- Assist in the cash transfer modality to the ex-combatants and capture essential data in terms of profiling.
- Organize and file the data sources facilitating easy access and understanding by the relevant staff;
- Provide clerical assistance for the preparation of reports;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned
- University degree in Information Management Systems, Management Information Systems or related field of study;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Extensive experience in computer data entry in a busy institution preferably emergency operations, an advantage;
- Typing speed: at least 60 wpm;
- Strong computer skills especially on Microsoft Word, Excel and Access;
- Able to work harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels;
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision;
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Capacity to work independently; able to carry out tasks with attention to detail; and demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality;
- Available at short notice to travel within the country;
- Required IOM functional competencies: effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, team player, and cross cultural facilitator.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Knowledge of data protection rules and regulations of the organization.
- Fluency in English, Amharic and Somali (oral and written) is required.
Values and Competencies
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by 7th of May 2021, the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email. (Example: Application for Data Entry Clerk) (IOM-SVN/0063/2021) no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to RECADDIS@IOM.INT