BENADIR REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION
Deputy BRA PIU Coordinator – Mogadishu
BENADIR REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION
SOMALIA URBAN RESILIENCE PROJECT PHASE TWO (SURP-II)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT’S SELECTION
Country: Federal Government of Somalia
Name of the Project: Somalia Urban Resilience Project-Phase Two
Consulting Service: Deputy BRA PIU Coordinator
Duty Station: Mogadishu Municipality
Deadline: 8th May, 2021
Ref No.: SO-MM-228121-CS-INDV
Somalia Urban Resilience Project Phase Two (SURP II or the “Project”) aims to enhance the resilience of select cities, with a particular focus on supporting physical infrastructure by financing investments in priority urban infrastructure. The Project will also strengthen the municipal government’s capacity and foster confidence in local structures, while supporting cooperation between the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS), Federal Member States (FMS), and municipal governments. Furthermore, the Project aims to help strengthen social resilience by fostering social cohesion and supporting infrastructure that benefits both host communities and internally displaced persons, ensuring investments are prioritized through a participatory, evidence based and inclusive decision-making process. Government-citizen trust will be at the core of the Project, with communities engaged at all stages of project design, implementation, and monitoring.
The Project was approved in December 2019 and is expected to close on 31st December 2024.
The Benadir Regional Administration (BRA) is seeking to use a portion of the SURP-II funds to finance the recruitment of Deputy BRA PIU Coordinator.
In coordination with the BRA PIU Coordinator, the BRA Deputy Project Coordinator has the overall responsibility to anchor and lead all technical aspects of project readiness and management aspects of the Project for the Mogadishu Municipality. The Deputy BRA PIU Coordinator will report to the BRA PIU Coordinator.
The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil/Construction Engineering with specialisation on road construction and drainage
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant working experience in a similar or comparable position
- Minimum of 5 years experience of managing works contract on urban roads construction and drainage
- Experience of reviewing Detailed Engineering Design on urban roads and drainage.
- Demonstrated expericence in project risk identfication and management, including procurement, social and envionmental risks
- Experience in implementing a staff Performance Management System
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work within and build a team environment, ability to provide both detailed and tactical analysis, excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a diverse work environment
- Experience in a fragile environment simlar to Somalia
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali and English required.
The duration of the assignment shall initially be for a period one year with a three-month trial period at the start of the contract.
The Benadir Regional Administration (“Client”) now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the Services and provide his/her Curriculum Vitae (CV).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
Interested applicants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference from the from the BRA website on: www.bra.gov.so or upon submission of application to the following email address given below during office hours from 8.30 a.m.– 3.30 p.m. Saturday to Thursday.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered electronically to the above email address by 8th May, 2021 at 15:00 PM and indicate “Expression of Interest for Deputy BRA PIU Coordinator”
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs