Galmudug State of Somalia
Editor – Dhusamareeb, Somalia
Galmudug State House
|Department:||Public Relations and Communication Department|
|Reporting to:||Public Relations and Communication Director|
|Grade level :||6|
|Hours||36 per week|
The State House is currently recruiting to fill the position of editor to edit and assemble recorded raw materials into suitable videos for broadcasting. He/she will closely work with local and international media for quick spread of news and reports from the state.
Duties and Responsibilities
- be responsible for editing videos for broadcasting
- Regularly improve video quality using different editing
- Archive all photographic images for future references
- Understanding of video editing for best practices and
- Coordinate and share all photographic pictures to local and international media.
- Test equipment prior to use to ensure that it is in good working condition before taking pictures
- Scan photographs into computers for editing, storage, and for keeping images for electronic
- Accepts and fulfills any additional assignments as deemed necessary by the state house authorities
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field.
- The position requires at least 2 years’ experience obtained by working in the area of Photographer, Journalism, and communication in a public or private
- Ability to produce/process acceptable video for
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and
- Be able to foresee and evaluate potential problems, and deal with them
- Computer literacy and familiarity with video editing software packages
- Should have skilled in image-manipulation and image-management software
- Ability to work independently by managing own workload with minimum supervision
- High standards of ethical behavior and
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve complex
- Attention to detail and good time management and self-organizational skills
- Commitment to a process of continuous
- Ability to deliver in a stressful
HOW TO APPLY:
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org, kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when you applying.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged.
The selection process will begin as soon as possible after the closing date. Selected candidates will be invited to written Exam and an interview.