Engineers – (2 Positions) – Kismayo & Badade Districts, Somalia
WAMO RELIEF REHABILITATION SERVICES
Job Advertisement – Engineers
Vacancy -2 positions
Location: Kismayo & Badade Districts
The collapse of the Somalia government in 1991 dragged Somalia into a miserable state characterized by chronic insecurity, massive displacement and lack of adequate access to basic human needs such as food, water and shelter. Amid this horrific state young Somali nationals established Wamo Relief and Rehabilitation Services WRRS in the year 2002 with the aim of contributing to the relief of human suffering in the country.
WRRS is a non Profit, non- partisan organization based in Somalia. The organization is legally registered and operating in the south central Somalia and Punt land.
We aim to strengthen the capacity of the local communities in Somalia and Kenya so that they may share and contribute to the educational, economic, and social well-being of their life through provision of relief supplies, emergency livelihoods and social support and capacity building interventions which are integrated in participatory community-based peace building and human rights-based approaches towards sustainable peace, reconstruction and development of Somalia.
WRRS, seeks the services of 2 competent Engineers.
- Provide engineering technical advice or design review on FFA asset creation activities; applying best practices, standards and keeping abreast of water harvesting innovations and engineering
- Review and propose activities under the FFA Assets Pillar to ensure appropriate risk management and compliance measures.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports to the relevant Project Officer on infrastructure development activity.
- Ensure high-quality and high-impact community infrastructure initiatives as part of wider livelihoods programming in selected communities
- Prepare accurate and timely reporting on outputs to facilitate informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholder
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or First University degree in Agricultural Engineering or related Engineering discipline. Hold or be eligible for Accreditation to “Professional Engineer” or “Chartered Engineer” status, or recognized equivalent by an appropriate national or international regulatory authority.
- Fluency in English and Somali languages
- Knowledge of key asset creation and livelihoods practices relevant to a range of contexts.
- Knowledge of effective models for asset creation and livelihoods practices through technical assistance.
- Demonstrated data collection and analytical writing skills (if relevant to the subject matter).
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and relevant applications.
All applications consisting of all the relevant supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com not later than 18th April 2021. Application received after this date will not be considered.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.