Finance and Administration Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
|Finance and Administration Officer
|12-month contract with possibility of extension
Description of Service Solution Groups (SSG)
SSG is a key regional player in IT consulting and Advisory services field within the Horn of Africa mainly, Somaliland, Somalia and Ethiopia; bridging gaps between the management approaches and its actual implementation plans. SSG services are grouped into three main categories:
· Business Advisory
· Procurement and Supply Chain
All categories serve a wide range of domestic, regional and multinational clients in the region and are recognized as market leaders in multiple business areas.
Our daily challenges are acquiring the most up-to-date knowledge in different management functions and an up-to-date understanding of the latest technologies and utilizing this knowledge to maximize our clients’ value-added services.
Persistently working toward continuous improvement, and stretching our potential, we have succeeded in developing models and tools that serve to identify our client’s specific requirements and address them most effectively and efficiently. We believe that this represents our leading competitive edge. As such, we strive to continually upgrade and fine-tune these methodologies to remain in line with local and regional business environments.
| Job PurposeThe Finance and Administration Officer will provide the SSG Team with appropriate finance, and administrative support to effectively implement program activities, as outlined below.
| Summary of key areas of responsibility:· Finance
· Office Administration
· Keep financial records and perform financial procedures (e.g, receipts, payments requests, petty cash).
· Assist the company and management of internal and external audits.
· Ensure expenses are authorized and processed in accordance with agreed procedures for SSG.
· Maintain the accounting reporting process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of ledgers and all supporting documentation and compliance with finance and procurement regulations.
· Maintain accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well archived and safeguarded.
· Ensure agreed reporting dates are maintained according to SSG’s policies.
· Assist in managing partners’ finance reporting ensuring compliance with SSG.
· Develop and maintain effective office systems (e.g., IT support, office maintenance, fixed assets, supplier contact), ensuring these are consistent with SSG’s operating requirements.
· Support the efficient running of SSG’s office daily operations.
· Ensure all procurement processes are in compliance with SSG regulations.
· Support logistics for SSG’s activities.
· Other administration duties as agreed.
§ She/he has got Accounting and Finance degree from recognized university.
§ At least 2 years’ experience in finance and office administration.
§ Experience in setting up new accounting systems.
§ Experience in book-keeping and computerized accounting systems.
§ Experience in making improvements to financial systems; an aptitude for this work is an advantage.
§ Experience in preparing quarterly report of the private companies.
§ Good understanding of the laws of Somaliland related to tax etc.
§ Experience of setting-up and managing office systems.
§ Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel).
§ Good planning and organizational skills and efficient work methods.
§ Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently.
§ Ability to communicate well in English and Somali.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS Salary: Competitive salary
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract length: 12-month contract with possibility of extension,
Probation: There will be a probation period of two months
| APPLICATION PROCESSCandidates should send to email@example.com with cc firstname.lastname@example.org, Please use subject heading: Admin& Finance Officer.
Expected starting day 01th of July 2021
Deadline for applications: 15th of June 2021
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs