Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Financial Sector Expert – Central Bank of Somalia (Individual Consultant) – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Background:The Republic of Somalia has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Program (SCALED-UP) project; and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the above project to finance the position of the Financial Sector Expert (Individual Consultant) for – Central Bank of Somalia
2 Responsibilities: The Financial Sector Expert Will Act as a CBS focal point for financial sector development matters and CBS liaison with the MoF of Somalia in order to maximize the effectiveness of development partner efforts focused on financial sector development; Maintain financial sector projects databases and assist with the preparation of key stakeholder directories and related industry guides; Track progress on all financial sector development of CBS, and accurately communicate relevant information to development partners and all other stakeholders thereby ensuring that financial sector activities are closely coordinated; Keep CBS, development partners and other stakeholders informed about the status of financial sector reforms and issues that may impact CBS development objectives; Organize and facilitate regular CBS, and development partner roundtables and assist with communication throughout the project lifecycle of individual engagements ensuring that financial sector development projects take advantage of synergies between the different donor funded activities in the financial and private sector. All other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: https://mof.gov.so/publications/financial-sector-expert
- Duration: The proposed duration for the assignment is Twelve Months (12) calendar months from starts date
Skills and Qualifications
Selection Criteria: The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- A minimum of MBA, MA, or MSc. Accounting, Financial Management or Related Disciplines.
- Professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPFA or CPA would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ work experience in financial management reporting- including IFRs or auditing out of which minimum 4 years in financial sector setting.
- Previous Financial consulting experience in public sector, banks, international organization or other similar multilateral institutions will be an added advantage.\
- Has working experience in fragile countries.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (both spoken and written) and excellent communication skills;
- Strong and demonstrated capacity for organization, management with excellent reporting and coordination skills;
- Strong leadership, technical competence and professional skills for timely implementation, coordination, and management of activities.
- The Ministry of Ministry of Finance now invites eligible consulting (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services dated in November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
How to apply
Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
- Deadline for submission:Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) by 22nd May 2023 4:00PM. local Time.
Project Coordinator, SCALED-UP Project,
Ministry of Finance, Federal Government of Somalia, Shangani District, Mogadishu, Somalia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy E-mail: Procurement@centralbank.gov.so
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com