FSL Intern – Hargeisa, Somaliland
Position: FSL Intern
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated and committed team player to fill the FSL Intern position in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
The-FSL Intern is primarily responsible for community mobilization and support to community governance activities, under direct supervision of the FSL PA. This includes but it is not limited to conduct information campaigns, implement complaints and feedback mechanism in the site, ensure that vulnerable groups and people with specific needs are represented and participate in -FSL activities and build capacity of the village development committee (VDC) in community governance and community mobilization, to ensure that they can effectively participate to the FSL project in Magalo-cad & other surrounding villages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct program awareness through community meetings at the beginning of the project.
- Organize community public meetings and facilitate selection of project Committees at community level.
- Work closely with line Ministries to ensure the project get full technical support from respective Ministries
- Provide the necessary project information to the targeted beneficiaries.
- Ensure the Standard of Operations (SOPs) for project mobilization and are met
- Conduct beneficiaries’ verification and registration processes for all project activities.
- Participate project data collections activities, assessments, baselines, post distribution monitoring etc. and ensuring the quality of data provided during the data collection at the field level.
- Carry out project trainings including Farmers trainings on modern farming techniques and demonstration trials at field level.
- Organize and support running of agriculture activities in the target villages
- Monitor the day-to-day project activities in the field, as specified in the project plan and Supervise other CFW and agriculture related activities.
- Support the farmers on post-harvest handling of the farm products.
- Make sure project documents and files are kept in secure place.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly activity plans and ensure timely implementation of activities as per the work plan.
- Work with the AME team to set up project Complaint Feedback Mechanism (CFM) and publicly share with beneficiaries.
- In collaboration with the project Assistants, participate in collection of success stories to demonstrate project impact.
- Develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among beneficiary community members.
- Undertake any other project related duties as assigned by the relevant supervisor.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in food security, Agronomy, Extension Services, Agro-veterinary, development studies or any other related fields.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in direct implementation of FSL interventions and working with subsistence farmers.
- Prior experience in community work, training and coaching farmers, proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be initiative.
- Good facilitation, analytical, planning and report writing skills
- Knowledge of agricultural related issues and techniques.
- Experience and knowledge of working with INGOs in Agriculture/Livelihood programs.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Willing to extensively travel throughout the project areas
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Somaliland farmer’s context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Preferable experience of Farmers field schools and soil & water conservation.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 12th May, 2021 with the subject line “FSL INTERN_HARGEISA”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com