GBV (FGM/C) COORDINATOR- Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
Closing date: 02/05/2021
Starting date: May 2021
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility to renew
Duty station: Garowe, Somalia with regular trips to Bossaso and other areas of intervention
Report to: Grant and operations Manager (GOM)**
CEFA – the European Committee for Training and Agriculture (Comitato Europeo per la Formazione e l’Agricoltura) is an Italian NGO, which was established in 1972 and is currently active in 10 countries across Africa, Latin America and Europe. CEFA lays its foundation on the principles of solidarity and cooperation between the different regions of the world in the name of Justice, Human rights and peace. CEFA believes in the development of communities and local institutions, aiming to improve families’ living conditions and communities’ economies through capacity building, awareness raising and advocacy for the protection of vulnerable person’s and their fundamental human rights.
The FREE- Fundamental Rights Equality and Empowerment for girls and women in Puntland/Somalia is a 30 months EU funded project, implemented in partnership with CESVI and SADAR, that aims at supporting Government institutions and CSOs/CBOs in promoting the progressive abandonment of FGM/C practice in Puntland.
Objectives and general characteristics of the position:
· S(he) is responsible for the technical guidance of the project, supervision of all the activities implemented including liaising with the other technical coordinators of the FREE consortium, relevant government authorities, CSOs and CBOs representatives.
- Submit quarterly, monthly and weekly plans, reports, activities including all achievement, challenges and way forward to grant and operations manager (GOM) as per CEFA internal procedures
- Ensure accurate planning and coordination of the project and its activities on the ground in coordination with the other technical coordinators
- Coordinate the consortium team in on the ground to ensure timely and quality implementation of project activities and their regular monitoring
- Ensure accurate data management in coordination with GOM (M&E plan, indicator follow up, complaint and response mechanism)
- Help build positive relations within the team and with local stakeholders
- Work in close in collaboration with the GOM in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning as well as activities planning
(S)he is responsible to:
- Submit the purchase requests related to activity implementation to GOM and collect all the necessary documentation for the justification of the expenses in collaboration with the administration officer;
- Update regularly the projects work plan and monitoring tools and report regularly on activities;
- Organize and chair monthly technical coordination meetings with the partners technical coordinators in Garowe
- Support the GOM in the organization of the quarterly Project Management Unit
- Closely implement and monitor activities including but not restricted to KAP and workshop implementation and/or follow up, chairing Task Force on FGM/C meeting, supporting the Task Force on FGM/C in implementing the activities under its mandate, and directly providing continuous technical assistance to Ministries’ official in order to build their capacities;
- In collaboration with the area coordinator maintain and foster positive relationships with field stakeholders including the partners, government authorities, CSOs and CBOs representatives;
- Recruit and coordinate field staff in close collaboration with GOM, if needed;
- Contribute to the periodical project reports required by the donor, and CEFA HQ;
- Inform the GOM of any change/problem about the project, that may compromise the observance of the contractual bonds and/or the staff management and/or the presence and the good name of CEFA in the country.
- Perform any other task assigned by the GOM in line with the profile.
- Fluent in Somali and English both Oral and Written
- University degree in a relevant field
- Minimum three years of technical management experience in GBV programming, preferably in an INGO environment.
- Experience in designing and facilitating training sessions
- Experience of community participation and ownership as well as collaboration with governmental bodies
- Solid experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to produce high quality narrative reports
- Computer proficiency (Windows, Office package)
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, and acting effectively as a proactive team member
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure, without compromising quality of work
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High-level communication skills’, including engaging and informative formal public speaking.
Desired skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in managing FGM/C projects in Somalia is a strong asset
- Previous working experience in Puntland is an asset
- Previous work experience in consortium coordination is a plus
- Experience in managing EuropeAid funded project is a plus
To apply Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference code: “your name_GBV Coordinator-FREE”.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com