Mercy-USA for Aid and Development
HR & Admin Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing date: 21 Nov 2023
Organization: Mercy-USA for Aid and Development
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The HR and Admin Officer will be working under the HR and Administration department. The HR and Admin Officer’s main responsibilities are to provide the necessary support to the HR, Admin and Safeguarding Coordinator. He/she will be responsible for providing administrative support for the department and assist with day-to-day operations of the HR Functions and duties in the Country Office Somalia. This position maintains a high degree of confidentiality. Using his/her knowledge, the incumbent will deal with stakeholders with high level of maturity, tact and diplomacy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- His/her key role is to manage all staff data in the country office including information on contracts and other related data, support the HR, Admin and safeguarding Coordinator in recruitments, staff orientation, staff performance management, and administering staff benefit.
- Ensure the effective management of the employment relationship between Mercy-USA and its staff, determining conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving more complex employee relations issues.
- Contribute to building and supporting talent within Mercy-USA, working with HR coordinator, managers to understand their needs and planning/implementing solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver Mercy-USA objectives.
- Monitor the accurate and compliant recording of data; coordinate and prepare timely corporate statistics and conduct analysis, identifying trends and potential issues, and proposing solutions to stakeholders.
- Prepare offer letters and contracts for new staff
- Maintain a database and monitor expiry dates of all Facility and Field staff contracts and renew as advised from time to time;
- Provide employee numbers and open individual personnel files for new employees;
- Monitor staff absence and leave and ensure the filing of appropriate documentation for all staff including for seconded facility staff in collaboration with the Facility In-charges and field coordinators across the region
- Ensure accurate filing of all staff related correspondences including letters from the Ministries
- Prepare HR monthly reports and submit to HR, Admin and Safeguarding Coordinator i.e., Leave Report, Onboarding Reports, Turnover Report, Administration Budget Report, Global mobility Report, Timesheet and Attendance Register Report, Contract Management Report.
- Assist the HR, admin and safeguarding coordinator with the manpower planning for the country office for each Financial Year.
- Support HR, Admin and Safeguarding coordinator, Program Managers and leaders of other departments to prepare job descriptions with competency profiles;
- Compile and assist with the shortlist of the candidates and invite short listed candidates for interviews.
- Participate in the interviews exercise when necessary and ensure reference checks are carried out before offer letters are issued out.
- Ensure timely submission of recruitment information and documentation to the HR, Admin and safeguarding coordinator.
- Manage the process of employee orientation activities and ensure that all employees are thoroughly oriented about Mercy-USA
- Assist in the periodic performance management processes
- Keep track of and schedules of staff rest and recuperation days
- Handle General Administration
- Handles the petty cash and the safe
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Degree in Human Resources/Social Sciences/Management/Business Administration
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources will be an added advantage
- 2-3 years in similar position preferably in an INGO
Work related skills
- Outstanding Organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Aggressive and Result Oriented
- Able to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the Labor Laws
- Strong work ethics and Reliability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer relation skills
How to apply
Any interested candidate can send a CV and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply by 21st November 2023
What we stand for: – Mercy USA for Aid and Development is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, that promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged, or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting, and ease response.
Mercy USA for Aid and Development does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race, or persons with disabilities.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com