Human Resource Manager – Mogadishu, Somalia
Position : Human Resource Manager
Duty-station : Mogadishu
Direct Reports : HR Officer & Staff Health Officer
Posting Date : 9th April, 2021.
Posting Expiry Date : 23rd April, 2021.
Contract Type : Fixed-term Contract
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. SRCS is currently seeking to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the vacant position of Human Resource Manager based in SRCS Mogadishu Coordination office.
The HR Manager is responsible for ensuring the day to day HR functions are performed in accordance with SRCS human Resource policies and procedures and HR best practice and to provide direct advice and guidance to Program Managers and staff on HR policies and procedures. He or she will assist to the HR Director in implementation of the annual HR objectives and other HR projects. The HR Manager will also supervise the HR Officer and Staff Health officer to ensure they carry out their responsibilities efficiently and effectively. The HR Manager is responsible for employment policies and procedures, preparation of payroll and rewards and recognition programs as well as managing workplace safety initiatives. Along with administering employee-benefit programs, the HR Manager role involves finding, screening, recruiting new job applicants and developing training and development programs for all employees.
Under the guidance of the HR Director, the HR Manager will be accountable for providing quality and efficient HR support to all SRCS entities across over south central and Puntland zone in accordance with the organizational policies and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support in managing all aspects of personnel administration and ensuring implementing good practices of HR systems
- Be actively involved in recruitment by drafting job descriptions, posting ads and take part in managing the hiring process
- Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data.
- Closely monitor staff leave status i.e. Annual leave, sick leave, compassionate, Maternity/paternity leave and etc. by ensuring properly documenting it.
- Provide technical support in training sessions and other events.
- Compiling and keep updating employee records both electronic and paper files
- With the help of HR Director, organize and plan induction programmes for the newly recruited employees and administer their personnel files.
- Maintain staff payroll and administer compensation and benefits
- Assist in performance management processes
- Produce and submit periodic reports on the HR operations
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor in Human resource management, Business administration or related discipline.
- At least 4 years of human resource experience, previous administrative experience in professional office settings is a plus with at least 2 years continuous practice in a similar position.
- Proficient in IT – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS (Human resources Information Systems) Somalia local employment law.
- Direct experience of organizing emergency/large scale recruitments.
- INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
- Previous experience of staff supervision and capacity building.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with a multicultural team.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and professionally in accordance with the departmental procedures.
- Knowledge of Somalia labor laws and ability to fully understand organization’s HR policies & procedures
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email their updated CV, cover letter, in one PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Please write the position you are applying on the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 23rd April, 2021
|Job disclaimer and notification:
Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.