Save the Children
Inclusive Local Leadership Development Advisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job Identification: 2451
- Job Category: Programme, Development and Quality
- Posting Date: 10/04/2023, 07:19 AM
- Apply Before: 10/14/2023, 08:59 PM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: AO – Mogadishu, Somalia
Inclusive Local Leadership Development Advisor
Title: Inclusive Local Leadership Development Advisor – Save the children International – Somalia Country Office – open to nationals.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
This position will lead Output 1 (Inclusive Local Leadership Development) of the BRCiS -III Project while providing technical guidance across the consortium and leading flexible, adaptive management exercises. He/she will Lead BRCiS Members and downstream partners through the development of minimum standards for activities under the assigned Output including discussion facilitation, technical leadership/advice, preparation of formal guidance documentation (including for publication), and revision of guidance over time.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Child Protection and Child Rights Governance
Technical Reporting to: Resilience and Social Protection Director.
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Budget responsibility: N/A
Other key working contacts: BRCiS Consortium, BRCiS Consortium Program Manager, PDQ teams, Area Rep, Field Managers, BRCiS director, Grants Managers, HR Manager and Reporting Coordinator, other sector Programme Managers and Technical Advisors
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s or bachelor’s degree on governance and leadership/social development.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years’ experience in humanitarian/development aid in complex and/or insecure environments, preferably on Inclusive government and Local Leadership Development.
- Demonstrable experience with resilience programming and/or measurement, experience with adaptive programming is essential.
- Demonstrated experience on promotion of local governance and community support structures.
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills in English language, including synthesis and elaboration of qualitative and quantitative inputs/data.
- Excellent English language communication skills – negotiation, networking, influencing, public speaking and facilitating workshops at different levels.
- Ability to work closely with field based national staff and experience in various staff training and development approaches.
- Strong planning, monitoring, and organizational skills with good knowledge of the use of logical and result-based monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Knowledge of the context of Somalia
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, multi-country disaster preparedness, response and recovery programming.
- Experience with coordination in a humanitarian context (i.e., consortium coordination, cluster coordination)
- Experience on inclusion and gender sensitive programming.
- Experience of and ability to represent SC work in external meetings.
- Experience of community accountability and feedback mechanisms.
- Capacity to deliver training to different stakeholders including high level delegates.
- Ability to work hands on implementation capacity.
Please apply in English saving your cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document.
For more information about Save the Children in Somalia and to see a full a job description, visit our website at https://somalia.savethechildren.net/career
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, and our working environment is inclusive and accessible.
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Application will be closed on 14th October 2023
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.