Federal Government of Somalia
Inclusive Politics Consultant for M&E Framework Development – Mogadishu, Somalia
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
SOMALIA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS
SOMALI INTEGRATED STATISTICS AND ECONOMIC PLANNING CAPACITY BUILDING
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Individual Selection of Consultant
Country: Federal Government of Somalia
Name of the Project: Somali Integrated Statistics and Economic Planning Capacity Building Project (SISEPCBP)
Consulting Service: Inclusive Politics Consultant for M&E Framework Development
Duty Station: Ministry of Planning, Investment & Economic Development, FGS,
Deadline: 28 May 2021
Ref No. SO-MOPIED-231304-CS-INDV
- BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
The Federal Government of Somalia (FGS), through the Somali National Bureau of Statistics (SNBS), has received a grant from the International Development Association (IDA) to implement the Somali Integrated Statistics and Economic Capacity Building (SISEPCB) Project. The proposed project aims at strengthening the national statistics system, the national monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system, and improving programming and analytical capacity of the government’s macroeconomics and fiscal programming agencies to enable them to regularly access analyze and improve their public policies and programs performance and results. More specifically, the project aims at: (1) Strengthening the national statistics system; (2) Strengthening monitoring and evaluation capacity; and (3) Building economic policy analysis and economic planning capacity.
The overall objective of the assignment is to design and establish an Integrated National Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework for focused on measuring FGS performance and impact on the implementation of policies projects and programmes outlined in the National Development Plan, 2020-2024 (NDP-9).
- Responsibilities: the Consultant is expected to undertake this assignment through a desk review, interviews and meetings with relevant department in MoPIED, Ministries, Departments, and Agencies (MDAs) at federal level, and relevant staff and specialists in Monitoring and Evaluation Department (MED). The Consultant will undertake all the specific tasks detailed out in the Terms of Reference (TOR). The detailed ToR for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.mop.gov.so and link https://mop.gov.so/index.php/jobs/ or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below.
- Selection Criteria: The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- Advanced degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, Development Studies, Statistics, Public Administration, Project Planning and Management or any related field, with appropriate technical and professional skills to enable him/her perform such duties in a professional manner.
- At least 10 years of experience in designing, developing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation framework/systems, especially in areas related to M&E in the areas of politics and law and order
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Somali will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in working Somalia/Horn of Africa with good knowledge political and geographical context of Somalia.
Consultant will report to the Lead Consultant for MED of Ministry of Planning, Investment & Economic Development. In addition, he/she will perform under the overall guidance of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) for the SISEPCB Project.
- TIMING Duration of Assignment:
The estimated duration of the consultancy assignment is 6 months but may be extended for another period subject to satisfactory performance and availability of budget.
The Ministry of Planning, Investment & Economic Development now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing – Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 current edition, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address provided below during office hours from 9:00am to 4:00pm Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).
Deadline: Expressions of interest and CV must be delivered to the address below by hand, mail, courier or email on or before May 28, 2021 at 16:00 hours.
Attention; Project Implementation Unit
Somalia National Bureau of Statistics
Federal Government of Somalia
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs