Galmudug State of Somalia
Industry & Investment Officer – Dhusamareb, Somalia
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE
|Job Title:||Industry & Investment Officer|
|Department:||Industry and Investment Officer|
|Ministry:||Ministry of Commerce|
|Reporting to:||Departmental Director|
|Grade level :||6|
|Hours||36 per week|
Industry &Investment Officer is responsible for supporting the development of strategies to optimize all modes of transportation, including domestic line haul, final mile home delivery network and parcel shipments. This position will effectively lead a team to manage service providers to improve government service to customers and lower overall freight costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate polices in the area of industry and partake its implementation process
- Lead the performance management of investments, ensuring procedures and controls are adhered to during implementation to include but not limited to the following tasks under the two different types of investments: –
- Develops and manages transportation budgets in support of overall government financial objectives
- Reviews transportation spend monthly to determine opportunities for reducing cost, managing service providers and improving service to the people.
- Negotiates contracts with common carriers and determines alternate supply chain solutions to ensure the best service and cost
- Establishes effective working relationships with merchants, vendors, operations and stores to optimize end to end on-time delivery performance
- Develop, retain and grow future leaders in Transportation, Supply Chain and the business
- Establish an industry, trade and investment information sharing system
- Supervise state owned enterprises.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, Supply chain management, Business administration, public administration or related disciplines.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in the field of Administration, logistics. And investment
- Sound knowledge of computer literacy such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint Presenrtation is required.
- Good knowledge of Management; planning, organizing, Directing and controlling skills
- Good understanding of transportation and logistics.
- Knowledge of Budget Preparation and execution and Accounting Software’s
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Somali languages.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org, kindly indicate the position title and Civil Service Commission on the subject line when you applying.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged.
The selection process will begin as soon as possible after the closing date. Selected candidates will be invited to written Exam and an interview