SOS Children’s Villages International
Institutional Partnership Development Coordinator – Mogadishu, Somalia
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 135 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Institutional Partnership Development Coordinator (1 Position)
We are searching for a dynamic, innovative, resilient and experienced candidate to join our organization as an Institutional Partnership Development (IPD) Coordinator. The IPD Coordinator will contribute to the overall effort of building and sustaining strategic partnerships aimed at advancing SOS CV mandates issues and mobilizing resources for SOSCV Somalia country office program.
The successful candidate will support the IPD manager in the development of partnerships with institutional donors in order to significantly diversify and increase the financial resources available for national programs. The position will report directly to the IPD Manager and will work with the Program Director and program team to drive growth of funding income and portfolio of public grants in the country through grant acquisition, grant management support and local partnership development.
Key Area of responsibility:
- Identify opportunities for partnerships with private sector partners, national partners, international organizations and UN Agencies.
- Manage and update the grant management system for the management of grants.
- Coordinate and support project coordinators in the timely implementation of quality IPD programs in coordination with the Program Director.
- Implement SOS CV’s fundraising and partnership strategy in line with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia strategic objectives and ensure this is infused within the global strategies.
- Develop, maintain and monitor a risk register and donor compliance check lists for each grant ensuring compliance to all donor requirements across the project cycle. Including project reporting timelines and project change management.
- Coordinate with the program team to conduct assessments and feasibility studies that inform program design. Conduct background research relevant for designing projects.
- Providing inputs to outreach/publicity material geared towards partners and donors, including the development of social impacts/human stories.
- Identify best practices and lessons learned directly linked to resource mobilization and partnership-building activities.
- Coordinate, monitor and assess the quality of donor reporting making sure that donor requirements are met during the project implementation phase.
- Liaise closely with regional advisors to coordinate timely regional review of donor narrative and financial reports before submission.
- Prepare and submit IPD monthly updates and quarterly reports to the regional office.
- Follow the grant contracting guidelines for GSC-run Member Association and use the appropriate forms and tools to gain relevant approvals in a timely manner.
- Review and implement the recommendations of the donor market survey.
- Train and support relevant staff in project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach among other models and approaches
- Represent SOS CV Somalia in sector level meetings (development and humanitarian/emergency) and other INGO networking forums.
- Participate in regional IPD networking and training forums and contribute to development of IPD strategies to improve efficiency and best practice
- Coordinate and lead in IPD project formulation, kick-off, reviews and closeout workshops.
- Ensure all funding files, (electronic, system and paper) are complete and kept up to date
- Fulfil other assignment identified by the line manager.
Qualification & Experience
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree in development/social sciences (Sociology, Development studies, International Relations or related field)
- A good understanding of the Humanitarian and Developmental sector in Somalia
- A thorough understanding of program design and development especially in the sectors of Alternative Child Care, Education, Health, Livelihoods, Gender and GBV, Child Protection, etc.
- He/she should have 4-6 years extensive experience in planning, securing and managing funds from institutional donors as well as a thorough understanding of development programming.
- Experience with writing winning institutional proposals
- Possess experience in the development of social impact/human stories.
- The Candidate should have the following competencies, leadership, and innovation, flexible, self-drive and have the ability to work very fast and under strict deadlines.
- The candidate should have excellent skills in report writing and is attentive to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills with the ability to represent SOS CV in network forums, governments and identify potential partnerships opportunities.
- Have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and internet navigation.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 11st July, 2021
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com