Federal Government of Somalia
Internal Audit Technical Assistant – Mogadishu, Somalia
The Federal Republic of Somali
Ministry of Finance
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
COUNTRY: Federal Republic of Somalia (FGS)
NAME OF PROJECT: Somalia Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management
Capacity Strengthening Project – Phase II
PROJECT ID: P166206
Grant No.: IDA-D3700
Assignment Title: Internal Audit Technical Assistant
Place of assignment: SO-MOF-2355886-CS-INDV
The Federal Republic of Somalia has received financing from The World Bank through the Ministry of Finance (MoF) toward the cost of Somalia Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Capacity Strengthening Project II.
The Project Development Objective is to strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in the Federal Government and Federal Member States. The project comprises of the following components: (i) Strengthening Tax Policy and Inland Revenue Administration systems; (ii) Strengthening Systems for the Public Funds Management, Transparency and Accountability; (iii) Rapid Response Facility; and (iv) Public Financial Management Reform Oversight, Coordination and Management.
Strengthening Internal Audit function is an integral part of the DRMPFM strengthening program. The Government has made efforts to rebuild the system; and currently there exists an internal audit function under the Ministry of Finance with scope of work limited and focused on the Ministry. A number of policy and procedural documents have been drafted including the Charter for Audit Committees, Charter for Internal Audit, Internal Audit Manual and Ethical Guidelines for Internal Auditors. A lot more needs to be done for the internal audit function to be devolved to the ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) and to operate in line with the requirements of the Public Financial Management (PFM) Act, 2019 and PFM Regulations, 2020.
Accordingly, there is need to build capacity of the internal audit function by upgrading the skills and knowledge of the internal audit staff, updating of the internal audit methodology and policies and procedures and auditing in a computerized environment.
The Ministry of Finance intends to apply part of the proceeds of the grant to hire an Individual Consultant to support the process of strengthening the Internal Audit function in the Federal Government of Somalia and particularly provide the required internal audit services to the MDAs as prescribed by the PFM legislation.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities:
The scope of work for the assignment include but not limited to the following tasks:
- assist to develop a strategy towards establishing an internal audit function that would adopt risk-based audit methods; (ii) provide support in updating the Internal Audit Charter; (iii) Review and assist in updating the charter on audit committee; (iv) Review, assist in updating and support implementation of Risk-based Internal Audit manuals and guidelines; (v) Provide capacity with emphasis on skills for improving the ability of internal audit staff to extract and audit financial information from the Somalia Financial Management Information System (SFMIS) and be able to critically review the SFMIS functionality; (vi) Advise on risk management and fraud detection and prevention measures; (vii) provide support for internal audit services to the MoF; (viii) Support the Internal Control and Compliance Department of the Accountant General’s Office in development of inspection manuals and training; and (ix) Develop and deliver the required capacity building to the staff of the Internal Audit Unit.
The Consultant will be required to undertake all the tasks and the approach detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR).
- Selection Criteria:
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounts, Commerce, Business Administration or related field (a relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage); Must possess Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) qualification.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience of senior level audit management/advisory of which 5 years must be in establishing and reforming public sector internal audit functions or 5 years of internal audit practice with IAP qualification; and knowledge in setting up and building capacity of internal audit functions in public sector. Experience in leading a similar project in a fragile or conflict environment is desirable.
Competences and skills should include: – use of computerized audit tools including IDEA or other audit software; designing financial reports in compliance with IPSAS, IMF-GFSM 2001 compliant chart of accounts, and implementing FMIS; Good Communication and Writing skills.
Duration of the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The detailed TOR can be found at the following website: mof.gov.so or it can be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application to the address indicated below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and current edition. (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
Interested Consultants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference at the address given below from 8:30 to 3.30pm Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form to the address below by 24th June 2021 at 12:00 Hours (Mogadishu Time) – marked clearly as –
Application for Internal Audit Technical Assistant –FGS MoF.
Project Implementation Unit,
Ministry of Finance
Street Corso Street, Shangaani District, Mogadishu
Federal Republic of Somalia
Email: email@example.com and copy Procurement.firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs