Liaison Senior Assistant – Mogadishu
Closing date 22 Oct 2020
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client is a division of the OROLSI in DPKO. They are mandated by the UNGA (RES / 68 / 72) to ensure an effective, proactive & coordinated response to the problem posed by a wide range of explosive hazards. In close collaboration with the Somali MOIS, our client has launched a MVCP project which seeks to further enhance the security of Mogadishu by interdicting illegal weapons & explosives that are being smuggled into or moved within the capital city. MVCP is a new departure for the Somali security services & will be implemented by the SPF. Our client has partnered with a 3rd party contractor, who will deliver training & mentoring to the SPF as they build their skills & experience in this filed over the coming years.
Under the supervision of MOIS, the Liaison Senior Assistant will be imbedded into the office of the MOIS & s / he will be responsible for providing support in liaison, coordination & information management between the MOIS & UN. The incumbent will be tasked by the designated focal point in MOIS & will report to the designated focal point in MOIS.
- Assist as a liaison between MOIS / our client in all matters related to the MVCP project.
- Assist in the preparation of any required face to face or virtual meetings between any of the stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of ongoing day to day operational matters with MVCP & bring to the attention of supervisor.
- Assist in proposing solutions on issues that require MOIS input but do not require escalation to MOIS senior management.
- Assist in collating data & producing reports for the MOIS regarding MVCP operations.
- Assist in providing advice to our client on any MOIS processes or procedural changes or any personnel changes within the MOIS or other relevant FGS institutions that may have a bearing on the MVCP project.
- Assist in providing efficient flow to / from the MVCP project & other FGS security bodies.
- Assist in writing reports.
- Assist with any HR related issues that affect the SPF Officers in the MVCP project.
- Implement any other tasks requested by senior MOIS officials.
- This role reports to designated focal point in MOIS.
This role has not team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree of equivalent) with 1 years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in govt., police, security or military.
- Experience with the QA & QC processes is required.
- Experience in stakeholder or partner engagement is required.
- Experience in MA operations or EHM is desired.
- Experience in operation planning, project development context is desirable.
- Fluency in English, Somali are required & knowledge of an additional UN working language is desirable.
- Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences & encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational & ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity & inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates & supports the development of others.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners & always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds & maintains strong external relationships & is a competent partner for others.
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self & / or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities & takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change & flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences & modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data & courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation & creativity to problem solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise & open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings & needs of others. Actively listens & proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion & finding common ground.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: