Galmudug State of Somalia
License and Registration Officer – Dhusamareb, Somalia
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE
|Job Title:||License and Registration Officer|
|Department:||License and Registration Department|
|Ministry:||Ministry of Commerce|
|Reporting to:||Departmental Director|
|Grade level :||6|
|Hours||36 per week|
License and Registration Officer is responsible to conduct effective and efficient property registration and administration of approved licenses in respect of applications and ensuring that licenses are issued to suitable, fit and proper persons.
The Licensing Officer also collates and assesses information relating to license applications, seeks further information where required and assists in maintaining the licensing computer database and record system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Devise and implement sector ministerial strategy for local and foreign trade
- Prepare rules and regulations for commercial law and trade
- Prepare information explaining import and export data
- Provide license and permits to wholesalers
- Indexing the general price level of commodities
- Formulating appropriate trade remedy regime
- Promote expanding and diversification of domestics and export trade
- Ensure the provision of accurate and relevant reports to support decision making to Directorate of the department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, Business administration, public administration or related disciplines.
- 2 years of job relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of computer literacy such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint Presenrtation is required.
- Good knowledge of Management; planning, organizing, Directing and controlling skills
- Good understanding of transportation and logistics.
- Knowledge of Budget Preparation and execution and Accounting Software’s
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Somali languages.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to email@example.com, kindly indicate the position title and Civil Service Commission on the subject line when you applying.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged.
The selection process will begin as soon as possible after the closing date. Selected candidates will be invited to written Exam and an interview