HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Jowhar, Hirshabelle, Somalia
Dowlad Goboleedka Hirshabelle ee Soomaaliya
دولة إقليم هير شبيلي الصومالية
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
|Job Title:||Monitoring and Evaluation Officer|
|Ministry/ institution:||Ministry of Health and Social Care|
|Department:||Planning and Policy|
|Grade Level & Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Planning and Policy Director|
|Hours:||36 hrs per week|
- Purpose of the Position
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Ministry of Health and Social Care. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the HSS Health Ministry. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues with the support of the Planning and Policy Director.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the Planning and Policy Director, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with department activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop the overall framework, for the M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems of the Ministry.
- Review the quality of existing data in the subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- With collaborating with the director of planning, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Develop a plan for capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Check data quality with partners.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database, analyze and aggregate findings.
- Support progress reporting, mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the department.
- Provide advice to the director on improving performance using M&E finding.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide the department with management information she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Qualifications requirements
- Bachelor degree in statistics, developmental studies, public policy, international development, economics, or related field.
- Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics is an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage
- Familiarity with some of the substantive issues handled by the project M&E. .
- Good knowledge and experience regarding gender mainstreaming.
- Good moderation, facilitation and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social partners.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments
HOW TO APPLY
How to apply
Please Click the Link and Fill the Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 15th May 2021.
- Please quote the position you are applying in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com