Creative Associates International Somalia
Multimedia Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
BUILD Project – Somalia
Job Title: Multimedia Officer
Position Location: BUILD Project, Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Mogadishu, Somalia. The successful applicant must be a Somalia national and have the right to work in Somalia. No relocation or similar expenses will be paid by Creative Associates.
The Bringing Unity, Integrity and Legitimacy to Democracy (BUILD) project aims to support electoral and political processes in Somalia by fostering increased citizen participation; building the capacity of civil society, election management bodies (EMBs), and other relevant government and non-government bodies to pave the way for one person, one vote elections in Somalia; and supporting the development of issue-based and viable political parties.
Position Start Date: Immediately
The Multimedia Officer will be responsible for designing a high-resolution graphic contents, photos, videos and other multimedia assignments that has effective engagements to the election observation program.
The post holder will provide media and graphic related coverage productions for the resource center events/initiative and will closely work with BUILD Project team.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Multimedia Officer reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- The Multimedia Officer will develop and design logos, infographics, layouts, brochures banners for events as well as to design other communication materials for BUILD Election Observation.
- Transform text-based communications materials into visual graphic design materials such as infographic, brochures, backdrop etc.
- Generating designs from concept stage to final delivery and actively contributing to the creative process.
- Develop designs for communication materials based on assignment brief.
- Provide recommendations on the best and most relevant visual design style and materials suitable for the project’s target audience.
- The Multimedia Officer is required to use the latest software programs such as: Adobe’s Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
The consultant will also provide photo and videography services for BUILD’s Election Observation groups, and he will:
- Serve as photographer/videographer for various events as needed including but not limited to the Resource Center as well as the BUILD direct implemented activities.
- Provide livestreaming and media coverage for the Resource Center events and initiatives.
- Provide capacity building to the CSOs and political parties to improve their media presence and outreach in social media platforms.
- Shoot and edit for a range of productions including, features, interviews, multi-camera studio programs, and promos using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.
- Keep audio/visual kit in good order, keep up-to-date records, ensure studio and editing facilities are clean and organized, materials are labelled and filed, and ensure the smooth operations of the studio
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 5 years’ experience in media relations, public relations, photography, video production and editing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Degree in Multimedia, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or any other relevant subject.
- Experience in delivering cross cutting-edge multimedia content and stories for use on social media and related electronic platforms.
- Sophisticated understanding of multimedia content, including how it can best be produced, edited, published and shared on websites and on social media.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
- Experience producing and interpreting web or social media analytics to inform strategies and work plans.
- Excellent command of English and Somali (written, oral, comprehension) and highly developed writing and editing skills.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office essential; Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Premiere Pro an asset).
They ideal candidate is proficient in graphic designing, video and photography editing and production. He/she is well networked in the industry and can pitch high-quality stories to various mediums.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working on similar projects in Somalia;
- Strong social media skills (eg using websites/Facebook/Twitter/blogs)
- Proven skills in communication, networking, negotiation, and ability to relate to different audiences. Understanding of USAID branding and marking guidelines will be an added advantage.
This position description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions of updated resumes & cover letter to email@example.com include the Job Title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org