Operations Manager – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Organization: IDLO – International Development Law Organization
- Location: Mogadishu (Somalia)
- Grade: Band A – Core Competency – Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2021-05-28
Under the guidance and supervision of the Country Manager, and with a functional relationship with relevant support services departments (DFSS and DHROS) based in Headquarters, the incumbent will oversee the Somali Country Office day-to-day operations and be responsible for strategic financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, and ensure consistency with IDLO policies in all those operational areas.
1. Operations Management
- Manage and coordinate all operational support functions for the IDLO program in Somalia including Procurement, Logistics, Human Resources, and ICT.
- Ensure that the policies, procedures, and systems regarding operations services in Somalia Country Office are in compliance with IDLO’s institutional standards and approach, while at the same time taking into account the realities of working in Somalia.
- Provide support to the overall management, coordination, and planning for the IDLO office in Somalia including the relationship with the local implementing partner.
- Lead, motivate and coach the operations team, facilitating the cultivation of appropriate skills to continuously enhance sound working relationships within the Office.
- Maintain a highly efficient and secure Office Services function with a strong focus on client service for both internal and external users.
- Develop Operation Manual for the country office
- Develop Operation budget for the country office with help of the Finance Manager
2. Logistics and Procurement management
- Ensure the IDLO Country Office compliance with corporate logistics and procurement policies and procedures.
- Capacity building and mentoring IDLO personnel involved in procurement in Somalia and Provincial Offices.
- Supervising the National Procurement Specialist and eventual new team members;
- Providing training, coaching, and advice on PPP (Procurement Policy and Procedures) to parties involved in the procurement process in Somalia and Sub Offices;
3. Human Resources and ICT
- Ensure the IDLO Country Office compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies.
- Ensure optimal staffing of the office and projects.
- Ensure effective talent management, including recruitment, induction, and learning; ensure necessary human resources policies and procedures are in place and consistently applied across the IDLO Somalia Office
- Ensure efficient and effective IT service delivery and usage through management of technical support service and internet service contracts in the office and the examinations computer-based testing suites.
- Maintenance of a secure, reliable infrastructure environment for ICT and adequate planning for disasters and recoveries.
- Monitor security and personnel issues that may affect the implementation of IDLO projects in coordination with the Somalia Country Office Field Security Officer, and record issues and risks and be ready to guide necessary responses of the Country Office.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A graduate-level degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field is required.
- Professional qualification in any of the following: HR, Procurement, or Project Management is desired
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience with operations management including procurement, logistics, human resources, and administrative functions at the international level.
- Experience in a leadership role/operations management role at an international level required
- Previous experience in team supervision is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
Specific knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Project management qualifications or comparable experience;
- Broad experience in strategic planning and capacity building;
- Proven track record of analyzing potential risks, encouraging awareness of risks, and holding others to account for their practices.
- Proven experience working in a multicultural, multiethnic environment and maintaining effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Understanding of rules and regulations for a variety of donors
- Knowledge and experience in leading a diverse team in an international organization is desirable
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A self-starter, able to identify improvements to working practice, make recommendations and implement changes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with several internal service departments.
- Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
- Willingness to undertake periodic travel to other office locations in high-risk areas, as required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this internationally recruited professional position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate Contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of USD 84,000 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, hardship allowance, medical and mission insurance, leave entitlements including home leave and rest and recuperation (R&R) in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified and diverse applications to our positions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this role. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs