Operations Officer, Somalia
For coordinating the Project activities of arche noVa in Somalia, we looking for an experienced
Date JD last updated:
8th November 2023
Date position opened:
Title: Operations Officer
Location: (Country & Base) Somalia, Galmudug with possible field missions in the Country areas of operation /Nairobi
Contract duration: 1 year renewable based on funding and performance
Starting date in- January 2024
Direct Line Manager: Program Coordinator-Somalia
Technical Supervisor: Desk Manager East Africa – Ethiopia/Somaliland, Dresden, Germany
- Planning, coordinating, and overseeing the project operations of a business. They may be involved in a wide range of activities, such as improving processes and procedures, ensuring the project meets deadlines, and managing resources and budgets.
- Prepare Quarterly Operational Plan in coordination with the Program team based on the Project agreements
- Implement the right processes and practices across the organization.
- Formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance.
- Mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of service and implement best practices across all levels.
- Support in direct implementation of project activities at the field level in coordination with project team members and partners
- Ensure good coordination, communication, and relations within the Project team and partner
- Coordinate with relevant partners and stakeholders to organize the project’s activities at field
2: Logistics and procurement matters.
- Identify suppliers, collect quotations and ensure all needed information is filled according to internal procedures & donor regulations in collaboration with the
- Ensure completion and proper filing system of all procurement files and support
- Negotiate item prices, delivery time and other relevant terms with suppliers in the best interest of arche noVa and partners in collaboration with the PC.
- Ensure good quality of all the purchased items, invoices, supplier stamps/signatures in line with internal procedures and procurement
- Ensure continuous market survey to inform pricing of items in collaboration with the
- Organize staff movements to meetings & field and ensure relevant facilitation in collaboration with finance team and
- Identify potential transportation company/providers, draft service contracts and ensure all vehicle legal documentation in line with internal procedures/regulations in collaboration with the
- Manage all procured stocks, assets and ensure proper records, frequent updating and accountability in collaboration with the PC.
- Assists program coordinator Somalia as needed in creating clear and understandable purchase requests (PR) and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s with support from the program coordinator Somalia– as per arche -noVa standards and formats;
- Ensures fair competition and strictly adhere to arche noVa procurement rules regarding vendor relations as described in arche noVa procurement guidelines
- Ensure all finance, Logistics, and HR documents are saved and stored in an online iCloud folder
- Support Triangle’s program to manage payroll and maintain the human resource files and records.
- Update the projects’ cash and bank book
- Check eligibility of invoices and receipts
- Sign PVs alongside the program manager to be checked and verified at regional level
- Verify presentation of accounting vouchers.
- Check the presence of all the required supporting documents (training reports, beneficiary training lists, beneficiary distribution lists, etc).
- Reporting to the Regional Finance Manager on financial challenges (or more frequently, on an ad hoc basis, in the case of urgent matters arising unexpectedly).
- Liaise with Program Officer/ Program coordinator on budget balances on a monthly basis.
- Share the bank statement on a monthly basis
- Ensure all finance documents are in order and ready for audit.
- Participate in monthly reporting process and interim reporting to ensure its successful completion.
- Monthly reconcile the cash and bank books against expenses to determine balances and follow up on any deficits.
- Be an agent to the Bank account to be able to deposit payments
- Ensure that all the due taxes are regularly calculated and paid timely.
- Provide financial assistance, support and capacity building to the colleagues on procurements, accounting and administration duties and assignments.
- Keeping track of deadlines for the projects of reference and informing the relevant Project Managers, as well as Administration supervisors, accordingly, with an overview of relevant actions to be undertake
5.Monitoring, follow-up activities, and reporting
- Implement monitoring and evaluation plans to collect relevant project data.
- Analyze data to assess project progress and impact.
- Prepare regular monitoring reports highlighting key findings, challenges, and recommendations.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of reports .
- Conduct regular quality checks on project activities to ensure compliance with project standards.
- Identify areas for improvement in project implementation based on monitoring data.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date records of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Ensure the secure storage of collected date
Internal & External relationships
- arche noVa Program Coordinator Somalia
- arche noVa Program officers
- arche noVa Regional finance/finance
- arche noVa Regional Meal officer and WASH technical
- Local authorities
- Other stakeholders connected with the projects
- Operations/Finance and logistics reports for Somalia the
- Bachelor degree in Development studies/community development/Business management, Operations Management or related field from a recognized university.
- Proficiency in budget and financial management.
- A postgraduate training in project management, monitoring & evaluation, Economics or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in Projects/ administration & logistics
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential fluency in Somali an advantage.
- Team player
- Rigorous, patient, time management, and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel and word
- Prior experience in INGOs/LNGOs
How to apply
This document is non-contractual and may be modified to reflect the changing needs of the service.
Somalis are highly encouraged to apply.
arche noVa is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment.
Deadline for application: 24.11.2023 at 5 :00pm East African Time
Please send your application documents (cover letter, CV, supporting documents and references) as well as your salary expectations in one pdf-document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Operations Officer-Somalia
Further information: www.arche-nova.org
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com