HIMILO RELIEF AND DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION
OTP Screener (4 Positions) – Belethawo, Somalia
HIMILO RELIEF AND DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION
Department: Health and Nutrition (New SHF Project)
Reports To: Head Nurse
Positions Title: OTP Screener (4 Positions)
Project duration: One year
Himilo Relief and Development Association, Himilo means ‘vision’ in the Somali language, (HIRDA) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in 1998, a group of Somalis living in the Netherlands came together to discuss how they could contribute to the reconstruction and stabilization of their home country. Two years later- in 1998 (HIRDA) was born with a view to delivering development and humanitarian.
Overall Job Purpose
Provision of Nutrition Services Integrated with Routine vaccination, focused on Children under 5 and pregnant and lactating women (PLW) through mobile clinic team; referral health services and health promotion activities, conduct assessment of child health needs for children under 5 and provide quality and comprehensive nursing, treatment and follow-up of patients in designated out-patient clinics. Ensure delivery of high quality nursing interventions covering provision of antenatal services, postnatal care, immunization and reproductive health, nutrition, HIV/Ads, health and hygiene promotion and epidemic response in line with HIRDA health policy guidelines and primary healthcare nursing standards.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Following and completing assignments as given by the mobile clinic nurse
- Working closely with HIRDA partners in the field
- Creating and maintaining an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and calm for clients and fellow staff;
- Offering direct patient care, encompassing all health, hygiene, and nutritional needs of patients
- Communicating to patients the nature of care being provided and best health and hygiene practices
- Gathering supplies and equipment for care of patients within wards of responsibility
- Restocking supplies in wards at the completion of the shift
- Conducting anthropometric measurements, MUAC, height and weight sending cases to appropriate program
- Reception of beneficiary (mother and children) and both fixed and mobile OTP sites
- Record screening data accurately in the beneficiary card and beneficiary register
- Preparing daily and weekly screening report
- Give the patients or the person accompanying him the treatment card, a food ration and an appointment for the follow-up
- Record in the screening book all beneficiaries screened, and refer them to the appropriate structure using referral ticket
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Individualize patient care according to patient’s health, age, and procedure being performed;
- Looking beyond physical needs of patients, to include psychosocial, emotional, spiritual, educational, etc.
- Document patient data clearly, concisely, and comprehensively;
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Undertake other tasks not specified in this posting at the request of direct and upper management.
- Diploma/Certificate in Nursing from a well-recognized institution, with special knowledge in pediatrics, maternal care/delivery, or emergency treatment preferred
- Minimum of two years’ work experience preferred
Job Competencies & Experience
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the HIRDA
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage intergroup dynamics and mediate conflicting interests
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports.
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking officials
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point.
- Language Requirement: Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages.
Relevant Experience: Minimum 2 years relevant experience in implementing an integrated health program consisting of maternal and child health, immunization, nutrition, HIV/Aids as well as health and hygiene promotion within a humanitarian context.
Deadline for Applications: 1st May, 2021 and Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs