HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
Planning and Policy Director – Jowhar, Hirshabelle, Somalia
Dowlad Goboleedka Hirshabelle ee Soomaaliya
دولة إقليم هير شبيلي الصومالية
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
|Planning and Policy Director
|Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education
|Planning and Policy
|Grade Level & Classification:
|36 hrs per week
- Purpose of the Position
Under the direct supervision of the director general the planning and Policy director will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and coordinating educational related policies and strategies for the Ministry of Education.
With close collaboration the other departmental directors of the Ministry the Policy and Planning Director will oversee the Ministry’s Policy and Planning issues and ensure Policy compliances in accordance with Government Policy and relevant legislation.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- In consultation with the Director General, develop, implement and monitor strategic plans, programs, policies, processes, systems and procedures to achieve the goals and objectives of the Ministry.
- Coordinates development of the State’s Education Plan and of other strategic, long-range plans.
- Disseminates information concerning the State’s Education plans and progress toward their achievement.
- Provides technical assistance to schools, departments and programs in analysing current status, identifying directions and needs, and developing long-range plans.
- Developing, implement, administer and participate in policy research and analysis.
- Coordinate the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Establish activity measures and measurements of accountability.
- Oversee and participate in the development of policy documents and reports.
- Revise and finalize planning and policy documents, reports and plans for dissemination to appropriate individuals, groups and/or agencies.
- Consult with and provide expert advice to government officials and school management and board members on policy, program and legislative issues.
- Represent the Ministry in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums convened to discuss policy issues.
- Responsible for the sound administration of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education Policy and Planning necessary for the efficient operation of the Ministry.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director general and the Ministry Management.
- Prepare Monthly, quarterly and annual report
- Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Education, Social Science, Economics, Statistics, Development Studies or related field.
- 4years of relevant experience in administration and Education planning, policy, research and/or evaluation.
- Must show evidence of a working knowledge of the principles of quality management.
- Sound leadership and organizational development skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to provide mentoring and advice to senior management and staff on human resource matters
- Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyse and solve complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Somali, English and Arabic language.
How to apply
Please Click the Link and Fill the Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to email@example.com by not later than 5th July 2021
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org