Galmudug State of Somalia
Planning & Policy and Research Officer – Dhusamareeb, Somalia
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE
|Job Title:||Planning & Policy and Research Officer|
|Ministry:||Ministry of Commerce|
|Reporting to:||Director of Planning & Policy|
|Grade level :||6|
Responsible for the coordination related to implementation policy, plans research related activities. Responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of policy and planning Service performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the planning, policy and research related activities
- Lead the development of annual plans and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of policy and planning Service performance.
- Ensure the provision of accurate and relevant reports to support decision making to Directorate of planning, policy and research.
- Co-ordinate ministry research centers and prepare annual reports and other reports on Service performance as required by the departmental director
- Co-ordinate and implement Research & Development programs and apply relevant evidence-based research findings.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Postgraduate qualification in planning and Management is preferable but not required
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in planning and policy Sector.
- Knowledge and experience of quality assurance, coordinating and implementing, Research and development programs and service development
- Knowledge of Computer such as Word, excel, Access and PowerPoint Presentation is required
- Knowledge and understanding of public communication, public relations and marketing guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both English and Somali
- Ability to work, lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to organize and manage workload, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative and excellent problem-solving skills
- Broad understanding of the technical issues and ability to keep up to date with new accounting rules and regulations.
- Strategic planning
- Policy/Strategy development and policy analysis
- Monitoring and Evaluation skills and knowledge
- Ability to keep up to date with new concepts, techniques, tools and technologies.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org, kindly indicate the position title and Civil Service Commission on the subject line when you applying.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged.
The selection process will begin as soon as possible after the closing date. Selected candidates will be invited to written Exam and an interview