United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Procurement Analyst – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Organization: UNOPS
- Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
- Closing Date: 2023-10-09
Job categories: Procurement
Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5017/26598
Department/office: NYPO, PSC, Somalia Project Unit
Duty station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
Contract level: LICA Specialist-8
Duration: Ongoing contract (Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance)
Application period: 03-Oct-2023 to 09-Oct-2023
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Background Information – Job Specific:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Procurement Senior Analyst who reports to the Procurement and Logistics Specialist, the Procurement Analyst is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services reflecting best practices in international public procurement, compliance with UNOPS procurement rules and regulations, appropriate risk management and obtaining the best value for money. He/she analyzes and interprets the respective rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide range of issues related to procurement.
Maintaining the highest degree of personal and professional ethics, the Procurement Analyst maintains a collaborative, client-focused, quality, and results-oriented approach in the Business Unit.
*CANDIDATES WITH NO UN OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY *Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
1. Implementation of operational procurement strategies.
2. Management of procurement processes.
3. Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools.
4. Monitoring and Progress Control
5. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
1. Implements key aspects of operational procurement strategies focusing on the achievement of the following results: Full compliance of assigned procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies, and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system. Implementation of, or support to, the different steps of the procurement processes, including Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and Planning; Requirements Dentition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions; Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management.
2. Provides technical support and guidance to procurement processes of the Business Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results: Timely and duly prepared elements of procurement plans and monitoring of their implementation; Guidelines followed on embedding sustainability along the procurement process; Organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation; Preparation of submissions to the Contract and Property Committees (CPCs); Monitoring of contractor performance and certification of completed work for compliance with contractual terms and payment; Advice, remedial actions, or solutions to Project Managers on procurement issues; Drafting of Long Term Agreements (LTAs) and/or service contracts and other instruments, when necessary, either through standard or emergency procurement procedures.
3. Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results: Development and management of the rosters of suppliers; Utilization of sourcing module in accordance with UNOPS Procurement Group’s goals and standards in this area.
4. Monitoring and Progress Controls Assist in the submission of procurement reports to the Head of Support Services and or Procurement Manager, on quarterly basis or as required Assist in the development of the unit work plan and contribute to the achievement of those goals.
Complete procurement of all required goods, works and services on a timely basis and in an accurate manner Participate in the development of monitoring tools for the procurement unit and work with members of the unit to ensure those tools are used effectively.
5. Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on Procurement-related topics. Contribute to Procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice by providing collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources management. Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
Impact of Results:
The effective and successful achievement of key results by the Procurement Officer will directly affect the overall efficiency of the relevant business unit/s and project activities in procurement management, impacting the timely availability of effective goods and services for UNOPS’ programmes. Timely, market-aware, and accountable delivery of goods and services, contribute to office performance, efficiency and client satisfaction, which promote the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
- A First Level University Degree (Bachelors or equivalent) with a minimum of two years of relevant experience; OR
- High School (Secondary or equivalent) with a minimum of six years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in Procurement Management, Supply Chain Management, Evaluations of Tenders, or administrative Support.
- Within relevant experience, a minimum of 2 years of experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management is required.
- Experience in Computer Literacy is required.
- Certified in Procurement or Supply Chain: The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) – Level 2 or 3 is required.
- Fluency in English (writing, reading, and speaking) is required.
- Fluency in Somali (writing, reading, and speaking) is required.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on our Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group 1: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
Facebook Group 2: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qaranjobs
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unops.org.