HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
Procurement and Logistics Officer – Jowhar, Hirshabelle, Somalia
Dowlad Goboleedka Hirshabelle ee Soomaaliya
دولة إقليم هير شبيلي الصومالية
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
|Job Title:||Procurement and Logistics Officer|
|Ministry/ institution:||Ministry of Health and Social Care|
|Department:||Admin and Finance|
|Grade Level & Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Admin and Finance Director|
|Hours:||36 hrs per week|
- Purpose of the position
The Procurement and Logistics Officer Will Provide support and oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of an integrated procurement and logistics plan and budget aligned to strategic priorities of the Ministry. Coordinate the entire procurement and supply chain process from sourcing, tendering and evaluation, contracting, delivery, , ensure full compliance with approved HSS MOFED procurement policy guidelines in order to control expenditure, avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
Reporting to the Admin and Finance Director, the job holder shall efficiently and professionally prepare and issue bidding documents for HSS Ministry of Health Goods and Services (including formal pre-award Request for Information/Expressions of Interest), in order to ensure a timely, cost effective and transparent service in accordance with the procurement policies and procedures.
2. Responsibilities & Duties
- Coordinate and manage the bidding and award process in order to adhere to the guiding principle and to comply with procurement policy and procedures, together with sound procurement standards and practices.
- Scrutinizing Purchase Requests for logical descriptions, specifications, lead times and availability of funds.
- Advising users on the preparation of Terms of References (TORs) and Specifications (Specs) as they relate to procurement requirements, to ensure that all TORs and Specs allow for fair and open competition and marketplace understanding.
- Efficient and effective preparation and issuance of bidding documents for HSS Goods and Services, transparently handling Bidders’ clarification questions and responses and transparent opening of Bids and their subsequent evaluation.
- Co-ordinating Bid/Tender evaluations and preparation of the Evaluation Report in line with sound procurement and international standards and best practices.
- Reviewing evaluated tenders; financially, legally, technically and commercially.
- Identification of commercial risks and potential opportunities.
- Following on from above, identifying risks and recommending negotiation opportunities.
- Co-ordination of negotiations and preparation and award of Contracts and/or Purchase Orders, in line with the guiding principles of all procurement activities, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring an audit trail by documenting and filing said documentation for every stage of the procurement process up to Contract signature and for all post award Modifications
- Co-coordinating and monitoring the contractual processes and resolving any matters that arise; in order to control Contract Modifications, Variations and other deviations.
- Perform any other duties related to Procurement that may be assigned from time to time by the management.
- Prepare Monthly, quarterly and annual report
3. Qualifications and Experiences
- Diploma in Business Administration/Management with the option for Procurement and Logistics. Bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- 3 years relevant work experiences in Procurement where transparency can be evidenced. – essential
- Familiarity with Procurement software packages.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- High standards of ethical behavior and integrity.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must be able to make prudent commercial, contractual and procurement related decisions as well as be proficient in managing procurement processes and activities.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing in English and Somali.
- Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to plan and organize work, including special assignments in order to meet deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
How to apply
Please Click the Link and Fill the Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to email@example.com by not later than 15th May 2021
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org