Program Assistant (1 Positions) – Badhan/Dhahar, Somaliland
Program Assistant (1 Positions) – Badhan/Dhahar, Somaliland
ADEC Somalia-Puntland program with funding from WFP is implementing a relief and livelihood project in close collaboration with line-ministers, the projects targeting drought affected vulnerable households. The project will focus on food insecurity families through the food voucher program.
The Programme Assistant is responsible for providing support to projects implementation, guaranteeing quality, efficiency and effectiveness, supporting planning, monitoring and evaluation activities of the project, in articulation with the Project Manager. The program Assistant will be based in Badhan and Dhahar districts respectively.
- With guidance from Project Manager, initiate planning for project (Operational Planning, Budgeting)
- Participate in developing project proposals and project documentation
- Assist Project Manager to develop work-plan with partners if necessary
- Coordinate with the team and partner to conduct capacity building trainings for partners.
- Support the programmes coordinator in all aspects of the programme implementation and development as requested.
- Responsible for supporting the programme’s advocacy plan
- Establish monitoring and evaluation systems including indicators
- Actively assist and participate in project events (meetings/workshops/trainings)
- Undertake other program administration tasks as and when necessary
- Ensure transparency, ethical conduct and efficiency in project implementation
- Report on project activities and expenditure as requested by the Project Manager and according to project timeframes
- Preparing of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Report to Project Manager any of changes which impact to the project implementation
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Responsible for monitoring and supervision of activities implemented in the project’s sites to ensure effective implementation.
- Supervise and recorde project activities expenditure against budget
- Responsible for managing project database and other M&E tools
- Implement the project M & E plan in a professional manner
- Visit project sites on a regular basis
- Participate in Project review
- Participate in Planning for transfer / transition of achievements
- Provide technical support to project team and partners when necessary
- Identifying training needs of partners and beneficiaries in the context of the project
- Contribute in developing operating tools for project interventions
- Assist in reviewing and redesigning intervention in consultation with the Project manager and partners and in response to evolving needs of target groups
- Compile /document lessons learnt and intervention model
- Participating in designing research/study, collecting analysing data, translating document research findings together with other project team members, partners and consultants
- Preparing and facilitating together with project team, consultant and local partner to plan, design and conduct workshops and trainings.
- Facilitating and supporting project partners, consultant and project team to develop training manual and other IEC materials.
- Prepare and participate in periodical meetings
- Coordinate with project teams in documentation of projects’ achievements
- Assist in project special events together with the Communications officer and the Administrator
- Support the Communications officer in the production of communications tools: video clips, leaflet, press release/ press kit, database
- Support in organization of visits (of donors, home office personnel, other visitors)
- Establish relationship and attends technical meetings with other NGOs and networks when appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with other organizations and leverage resources
- Monitoring Project expenditure based on a clear project plan and applied all required financial regulations (by donors and government).
- Supporting Project partners to develop the project budget in a participatory manner
- Support Finances in payments procedure (verification, follow up)
- Participate in the controlling of the appropriateness and compliance of the program operations, narrative work-plan, and budgets.
- Assisting the Project Manager to develop quarterly/annually financial plan
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Education: A first university degree in the following disciplines is desirable: Project Management, Business administration/management, economics, social sciences (sociology etc.)
Experience: At least four years of responsible support experience in development, project management, reporting or in a field related to programme functions in a humanitarian context is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Previous work experience to provide effective project assistance.
- Work experience in social mobilization, preparing tender/bidding documents, launching mini-processing workshops and capacity strengthening of rural community is an advantage.
- Analytical skills to support quantitative and qualitative data processing for better project implementation.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in using computer software packages and database applications.
Interested applications are required to send the following information to email@example.com , coping CC: Abdikadirjama11@gmail.com , clearly mentioning the position on the subject line – Programm Assisant -Badhan/Dhahar
- Updated CV and cover letter
- Copies of your academic qualifications.
All applications shall be received by 1th June, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs