SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia
Project Cashier – Kelafo, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Project Cashier who will be responsible for receiving payments, depositing cash and cheques received to bank account, effecting cash and cheque payments.
What we provide…
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career.
As a Project Cashier, you will be in charge of the following:
- Administering and controlling use of approved budget for the project.
- Carrying out budget utilization comparison periodically as per the directives and controlling expenditures against budget.
- Following up the receipt of budget fund, donor fund and cash flow; ensures proper utilization and accounting of the same.
- Checking appropriateness of requests for payment before passing for approval.
- Preparing payment vouchers for approval of concerned official.
- Coding transaction documents and recording entries in proper accounts.
- Administering petty cash and effects authorized payments
- Advancing cash for authorized expenditures of the organization, Effects payment of bill such as telephone, electricity, water, etc. Upon approval of the same.
- Paying salary according to the payroll prepared.
- Keeping record of amounts received and paid, reconciles cash at hand with recorded balance.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Keeping proper record of fixed assets and property.
- Preparing annual financial statements.
- Facilitating the auditing of accounts by internal and external auditors.
- Follow up of daily cash position.
Up for the challenge…
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- Diploma in Accounting with 4 years related experience or BA Degree in Accounting with 2 years related experience
- Excellent Computer skill
- Ability to work independently
- Integrity and honesty
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good command of (both oral as well as written) English language
- Good command of the local language
- Prior INGO experience is advantageous
How to Apply
Excited to take on an new Adventure…….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
“Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people.”
Deadline: Jul 8, 2021
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs