Project Coordinator – Mogadishu
Closing date 19 Oct 2020
Overview of position
In late 2019 parts of Somalia experienced some of the worst flooding in the country’s recent history resulting in several deaths and significant damage to infrastructure, crops, property, and livestock. Further to this flood event, a joint assessment was undertaken by the World Bank and the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) to assess the losses and damage caused by the floods and to develop a strategy for immediate recovery and longer-term resilience building. As a result Somalia Crisis Recovery Project (SCRP) was formulated and financed by the World Bank to the Federal Ministry of Finance (MOF).
The project aimed at supporting the recovery of livelihoods and infrastructure in flood and drought affected areas and strengthening the capacity for disaster preparedness nationwide, has 5 components;
Component 1: Immediate basic services and livelihood support;
Component 2: Medium-term flood recovery;
Component 3: Longer term disaster preparedness;
Component 4: Project management; and
Component 5: Contingent emergency response.
The recovery interventions will focus on three flood affected Sates (Hirshabelle, South West State and Jubaland), while the longer term interventions will focus on a broader national coverage, enabling Government capacity strengthening in Disaster Risk Management.
The Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) has now commenced the implementation of theSomalia Crisis Recovery Project (SCRP) activities with our client assisting with the technical support. Our client has now commenced the recruitment of project personnel to support the FGS – Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in various technical and implementation support tasks
The Project Coordination Officer embedded within the PIU team of the Federal Government of Somalia will be responsible for facilitating the project activities liaison and coordination support with the PIU and other project stakeholders. The roles and responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Assist PIU in the development of plans for the key stakeholder consultation process, in particular consultation with the Federal Member States, State Project Teams and the relevant State Government Institutions
- Assist in stakeholder consultation meetings, prepare meetings and assist the PIU in successfully delivering the intended outcomes of the meetings
- Assist PIU in the development of project prioritization documentation, work plans and related project documents with input from our client’s team
- Represent our client within the PIU on day to day contacts and deliver SCRP project support services to PIU under the guidance from our client’s Team Leader
- Provide support in M&E activities including field visits, reports preparation and documents translation etc.
- Establish communications with the State Project Teams (SPT) and support providing our client services to the SPTs
- Support with SCRP project logistics such as facilitating our client’s resources mobilizations to the States and assisting with operational tasks
- Assist in the preparation of PIU support progress reports outlining achievements, issues encountered and proposed improvements etc, as requested by the client’s Team Leader
- Other tasks and duties requested by our client’s Team Leader to support delivering services within the overall objective of this position
Report writing skills are required
Fluent in written and spoken Somali and English is requiredTeam management
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Bachelors degree in an area relevant to the position roles and responsibilities is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in project or program coordination, stakeholder engagement, client interaction or related areas is required
- Previous experience working with the Federal Government of Somalia or Federal Member States is desirable
- This is a local national role.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: