Type Regular Full-Time
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Department/Location: South Central Zone
Reports To: Senior Project Coordinator
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt, mid-level position
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Project Coordinator for a third-party monitoring (TPM) contract. The position is based in Somalia. The purpose of this project is to verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in Somalia. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for oversight of data collection in all regions within Somaliland and Puntland. Candidate must be a Kenyan national or have Kenyan citizenship or Kenyan residency. Dual Kenyan and Somali citizenship preferred.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate field operations (of TPM subcontractors) in South Central Zone.
- Coordinate the implementation of site visits and data collection in partnership with the TPM subcontractors.
- Oversee TPM subcontractors’ compliance to site visit planning, execution, and reporting timelines.
- Conduct onsite observations of selected site visits in South Central Zone implemented by TPM subcontractors, and provide onsite coaching and mentoring of field monitors.
- Directly conduct limited data collection using interview guides, focus group discussions, or beneficiary telephone or face-to-face surveys.
- Participate in data quality review for all site visits in South Central Zone.
- Participate in training workshops for TPM subcontractors.
- Contribute to timely thematic reports on security, drought, population movements and other important contextual issues in Somalia.
- Serve as liaison between IBTCI and South Central Zone local authorities.
- Consult regularly with donor and implementing partners in South Central Zone.
- Attend and prepare reports on sector cluster meetings.
- Advise the project’s Security Focal Point of the security conditions in IBTCI areas of operations.
- Support field-level data collection activities for IP Data Quality Assessments (DQA).
- Support the Learning Specialist with the Somalia media monitoring activity.
- Support the DCOP with the design of Site Visit Tools and Protocols and review the quality of the Somali-English translations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Somali.
- Familiarity with research protocols.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction as well as within a team as a team member.
- At least 3 years of experience in the humanitarian, transition or development field.
- At least 3 years of formal research and/or Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) experience.
- Must hold Kenyan residence permit or citizenship.
- At least 1 year of technical experience in one of the following humanitarian sectors: water and sanitation, food and cash distribution, or agriculture/livestock production.
- At least 1 year of experience working in Puntland or Somaliland, and knowledgeable about clan and sub-clan dynamics and political/administrative transitions in these two areas.
- A university or technical college degree. A degree focusing on humanitarian aid or technical areas related to water and sanitation, agriculture, or food security is preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely mobile position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Extensive international travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to twenty five pounds.
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination of race, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We are an E-verify employer.