HIMILO RELIEF AND DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION
Qualified Nurse (8 Positions) – Belethawo, Somalia
HIMILO RELIEF AND DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION
Department: Health and Nutrition (New SHF Project)
Reports To: Head Nurse
Positions Title: Qualified Nurse (8 Positions)
Project duration: One year
Himilo Relief and Development Association, Himilo means ‘vision’ in the Somali language, (HIRDA) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in 1998, a group of Somalis living in the Netherlands came together to discuss how they could contribute to the reconstruction and stabilization of their home country. Two years later- in 1998 (HIRDA) was born with a view to delivering development and humanitarian.
Overall Job Purpose
Conduct assessment of child health needs for children under 5 and provide quality and comprehensive nursing, treatment and follow-up of patients in designated out-patient clinics. Ensure delivery of high quality nursing interventions covering provision of antenatal services, postnatal care, immunization and reproductive health, nutrition, HIV/Ads, health and hygiene promotion and epidemic response in line with HIRDA health policy guidelines and primary healthcare nursing standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Team Leadership &Programme Implementation
- Diagnose common health conditions to identify child health needs for children under 5.
- Deliver an immunization program to ensure all children under 5 are appropriately immunized.
- Assess and monitor patterns of weight gain and growth in children under 5.
- Provide health education to mothers on breastfeeding and hygiene promotion.
- Recommend referral of severe complicated cases for specialized treatment.
- Conduct home visits and follow-up discharged patients and provide continuity of care.
- Evaluate healthcare outcomes on under 5 children and prepare individualized reports.
- Raise requisitions for replenishment of drugs and supplies as needed.
- Compile accurate data on all OPD cases of under 5 children and prepare monthly reports and weekly as requested.
- Check immunization status of the children.
- Growth monitoring, weight for age
- Health education, breast feeding, hygiene promotion and encourage promotion.
- Refer to the severe complication cases to the highest level and follow up.
- Participate in meetings and trainings as requested by the supervisor.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the OPD health programme line with strategic priorities.
- Identify capacity-building needs of the auxiliary and volunteer nursing team and ensure they are properly trained and well supported to implement programme activities.
- Participate in emergency preparedness, rapid assessments and emergency responses.
Educational Qualifications & Professional Training
Education: Diploma in Nursing or Bachelor with experience in maternal and child health or equivalent qualifications.
Professional Training: Leadership and Management.
Certification/Licensing: Registered Nurse.
Job Competencies & Experience
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage intergroup dynamics and mediate conflicting interests
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports.
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking officials
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point.
- Language Requirement: Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages.
Relevant Experience: Minimum 2 years relevant experience in implementing an integrated health program consisting of maternal and child health, immunization, nutrition, HIV/Aids as well as health and hygiene promotion within a humanitarian context.
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline for Applications: 1st May, 2021 and Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified female are encourage to apply.
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs