Radiographer – Jijiga, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
International Organzation for Migration – IOM
Category: Health Care
Open to Internal & External Candidates
|Position Title||Radiographer * 2|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||06.04.2021 – 16.04.2021|
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office, Jijiga and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer in Jijiga, the incumbent is responsible for the operation and maintenance of X-ray equipment including DR, CR and x-ray machines and the x-ray rooms to produce radiographs (x-rays) of the body for diagnostic purposes to ensure that refugees and migrants are medically fit to migrate in accordance with the medical/health requirements of the resettlement countries. The Radiographer will also perform high standard radiological examination of applicants and assist in maintaining integrity of radiological procedures at MHAC.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Authenticate the identity of the applicants undergoing radiological examination by signing on the photos or in any authentication method required by the resettlement countries and prepare patient-applicants for x-ray examinations by explaining the procedure, removing articles such as jewelry, etc.
2. Calibrate and adjust x-ray equipment in accordance with general and individually prescribed protocols. Adhere strictly to internationally accepted standards of safety for the patients and staff while performing.
3. Radiology examinations. Produce and develop chest X-rays and other radiology techniques/examinations, as requested by the supervisor.
4. Maintain records of films and digital images taken in the unit, prepares statistical reports and analysis and Ensure proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
5. Ensure that regular maintenance work is carried out periodically and inform the supervisor in case there is a need for any extra maintenance / repair on any piece of the used equipment.
6. Verify the technical correctness of the produced x-ray images, thus limiting the need for repeated examinations. Review the x-ray images taken in order to ensure technical correctness / good penetration was used, prior to releasing the patient.
7. Burn x-ray images onto CDs and label them appropriately. Upload x-ray images daily onto PACs server.
8. Transmit x-ray images taken daily to radiologist in Nairobi, Manila or designated radiologist as may be advised and provide list of images to be required to be reported.
9. Maintain a standard stock level for blank CDs and CD envelopes and other supplies and assist the supervisor in determining the quantities for replenishment and requisition.
10. Perform mobile mission duties in locations that may be required and to provide training to radiographers in the region.
11. Ensure radiation safety procedures in the unit in accordance with the radiation protection rules and regulations and implement infection control measures and ensure tidy and neat work environment. Maintain confidentiality of data/records.
12. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor. Ensure that fraud prevention measures are in place.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiology/Technical Diploma in Radiology. Registered to work as Radiology Technician with Ethiopian Radiation Board License.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of appropriate x-ray exposure times and safety parameters. Knowledge of photographic development techniques
- Minimum of five years working experience as Radiology Technician preferable in busy Radiology Facility, international organization and or NGOs running refugee programmes.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to calibrate, configure, and adjust x-ray equipment in accordance with procedures and standards,
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in data and records keeping.
- Proficient in Microsoft windows
- Mature individual and able to work overtime, when requested, and independently in stressful conditions
- Active team player, able to work under pressure and to carry out tasks accurately with attention to detail and instructions
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and able to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various cultures and professional backgrounds
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations will be an added advantage
· Fluency in English & Amharic is required
· Working knowledge of Somali and Arebic language is an advantage
Values and Competencies
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 3
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by April 16, 2021 the latest, referring the position title, Vacancy number and the duty station in the subject line of your email. No photocopies of educational/training certificates are required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to RECADDIS@IOM.INT