HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
Regional Education Directors – Jowhar, Hirshabelle, Somalia
Dowlad Goboleedka Hirshabelle ee Soomaaliya
دولة إقليم هير شبيلي الصومالية
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (2)
|Regional Education Directors
|Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education
|Grade Level & Classification:
|36 hrs per week
- Purpose of the Position
Regional Education Directors will be liaised, inspect, the district principals, teachers, students, representatives of denominational schools, community groups and organizations, other Government Ministries and Donor Agencies in the Regional. Works in collaboration with the Formal Education Officer to ensure that schools are administered in a proper and efficient manner, Supervises and supports schools within the District and serves as liaison between the Ministry of Education and schools.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the Regional Education Director through monitoring and supervision of staff to ensure that the objectives of the Regional are met.
- Provides general supervision of instruction at schools by visiting schools to ensure effective delivery of the program of instruction.
- Intervenes on matters which may impact negatively on instruction or the general operation of the school by providing advice and guidance to ensure effective delivery of instruction in schools.
- Advises DEO, s on matters of administration and organization by maintaining appropriate dialogue and providing the relevant support needed to ensure quality in the school system.
- Train the DEO, s and ensure the proper use on EMIS software
- Disseminate and reinforce the properly use for school registers, teacher lesson plans and scheme of work
- Prepare yearly Regional education report on projects performance, school performance, administration performance, teachers’ performance, students’ performance, enrolment rate, retention performance, school dropouts, education gaps and share proper time to Formal Education Director
- Informs the Formal Education Director of school issues and makes recommendations for action so that schools may operate more effectively.
- Assists schools in obtaining the necessary curricula, curriculum materials and other documents essential to the planning and effective delivery of instruction.
- Design, organize and implement Regional education advocacy to increase the enrollments
- Initiates, organizes and assists with the development and delivery of appropriate in-service and orientation training programs for DEO, s and staff to help strengthen the capacities to effectively manage instruction at District.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a Region Improvement Plan by collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ascertain that the Region has a strategic focus that will assist in achieving the Ministry of Education’s goals and Objectives.
- termly reports and annual progress reports on the officer’s program of activities and submits to the Formal Education Director for sound decision making.
- Assists DEO, s in formulating and evaluating annual performance objectives and plans by providing guidance and making the necessary recommendations for school development and improvement.
- Co-ordinates annual performance reviews of schools within the Region through dialogue with principals and staff and submits reports to the Formal Education Directors for informed decision making.
- Works closely with other team members to prepare annual budget for the Region by incorporating the yearly activities in order to adopt a clear understanding of what the Region intends to achieve.
- Advises the Ministry on resources and other materials needed of District to ensure that all schools have the required resources that will enhance the teaching/learning process resulting in order to achievement pre-set goals and objectives.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Formal Education Director and the DG.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education with additional experience, training in education planning and management and project planning and management is desirable.
- At least 4 years of experience working in the field education in a good system with good collaboration with the education partners, having a betterment of education management and managerial system. And competencies leadership management coordination and active in team work in the field of work
- A progressive attitude and professional manner.
- Sound decision-making skills including analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Sound leadership, managerial and supervisory skills.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of ethics, honesty and integrity in carrying out the goals and objectives of the Unit.
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise the budget and activities/programmes of the Regional Education District.
- Ability to motivate, counsel and mentor staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate Somali and English both orally and in writing.
How to apply
Please Click the Link and Fill the Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to email@example.com by not later than 5th July 2021
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org