Federal Urban Job Creation and Food security Agency
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – Recruitment of Procurement consultant/ Specialist for Somali Regional Hub – Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
Deadline May 7, 2021
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES -INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
Somali Regional State Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency
Urban Productive Safety Net and Job Project (UPSNJP)
Grant Number D732-ET
Assignment Title: Recruitment of Procurement consultant/ Specialist for Somali Regional Hub
Ref #. ET-SOMALE-209359-CS-INDV
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank to the cost of the Urban Productive Safety Net and Job Project (UPSNJP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Consulting Service (The Services) include assist the Regional Hub in the overall planning, managing, coordinating and reporting of the UPSNJP in the provision of support services and assistance to the project implementing cities in the respective region in managing the procurement activities of the Project for goods, works and non-consulting services. The procurement Specialist among others will have the following duties and responsibilities:
The services include:
- Managing the procurement of goods, works and non-consulting services in accordance with the governing procurement rules and procedures for the project.
- Providing technical support and guidance to Cities in the region in all aspects of procurement of works, goods and non-consulting services.
- Initiating and coordinating training for procurement staff and others in project implementing cities in procurement with particular focus on the World Bank procurement procedures.
- Monitoring procurement in implementing cities to ascertain compliance with the World Bank procurement regulations.
- Prepare and update the Procurement Plan for the items to be procured at Regional Hub and Cities and regularly updating and uploading the documents and information in Systematic Tracking and Exchange in procurement (STEP). Ensure that proper procurement plan with appropriate description, recent cost estimate, appropriate market approach and procurement method, reasonable procurement road map, etc. are uploaded in the STEP.
- Closely follow up and monitor for timely approval of the procurement plan by the head of Agency and the World Bank.
- Closely follow up and monitor the timely preparation of procurement documents (Specification, BoQ, RFB, RFQ, etc) by the respective units and ensure that the procurement documents prepared are of high quality and comprehensive.
- Closely work with the procurement unit and technical team for timely advertisement for invitation for bid/RFQ and uploading of the documentation at each stage of the procurement in STEP.
- Closely work with the bid opening, evaluation committee and endorsing committee and ensure the procurement processing is conducted in accordance to the governing procurement rules without delay.
- Coordinating/conducting the bid evaluation process and thereafter preparing the bid evaluation report and contracts for submission to the relevant authorities for approval and to the World Bank as required.
- Closely work with and provide the necessary support to the evaluation committee and bid endorsing committee for quickly completion of the evaluation and approval process respectively.
- Managing contracts after signature and assisting cities to manage their own contracts.
- Attending to all audit queries on procurement.
- Developing a procurement processing, monitoring and reporting system and taking a lead in the preparation of quarterly reports on the status of procurement activities in the Project.
- Initiating the settlement of disputes with contractors/suppliers and follow upon shortages and defective supplies/services/works that are in breach of contract provisions.
- Attending to procurement enquiries and complaints by bidders/consultants.
- Disseminate WB procurement regulation, project procurement manuals and standard bidding documents for procurements of works, goods and non-consultancy services. Support Cities in producing draft bidding documents and evaluation formats as per the World Bank’s Standard Bidding Document and the Standard Bidding document issued by Public Procurement and Property Administration Agency (PPPAA) for National Competitive Bidding (NCB) contract subject to the incorporation of the agreed exceptions.
- Carry out a review to identify constraints and opportunities to the effective and efficient procurement and administration of works, goods and non-consultancies in the cities and an implementation Capacity assessment to identify gaps.
- Participate in different supervision and support missions; identify the progress, procurement challenges and recommendation to improve the implementation of procurement.
- Carry out effective coordination and timely delivery of and put in place systems to guide procurement management and monitoring the performance of procurement activities across Cities.
- Producing compiled reports in accordance with reporting requirements to be forwarded to the concerned stakeholders.
- Coordinate closely with the concerned bodies and assist cities in fulfilling their responsibilities for smooth and successful completion of procurement activities and making periodic monthly progress reports of deliverables.
- Ensure Regional Hub and cities are keeping proper documentation of all the procurements being implemented under the UPSNJP and review action plans/schedules and resources required as well as assist cities in maintaining the procurement administration, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Render technical assistance for technical consultant of the cities to enhance capacity in procurement and supervision procedures and current standards as well as in other key procurement management systems and areas of expertise as and when required.
- Organize meetings and/or consultative forums as required with the cities and other partners for the successful completion of the Projects.
- Ensure that proper maintenance of files and Procurement Register Books are up-to-date in STEP as well as in hard copy.
- Develop a proper procurement tracking system.
The assignment will be a one year contract, with possible extension upon satisfactory performance of the consultant.
Somali Regional State Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency now invite eligible individual consultants/Specialists to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: Qualification and Experience as procurement consultant/procurement specialist in public procurement management and specifically in World Bank financed project and their capability on the basis of academic background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section V para 5.1 to 5.6 of The World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Remunerations: will be as per the Ministry of Finance the channel one salary scale.
- MA/BA Degree from reputable university in Accounting, law, Management, Business Administration Economics, purchasing and supply management, Engineering and related as well as other related field of study with A minimum of 6/8 years’ experience in procurement respectively
- Three years of direct experience in procurement of goods, works, and non-consulting service in World Bank Financed projects
- Computer literacy in the use of word processor, spread sheets and any other application relevant to procurement.
- Experience and knowledge on the Systematic Tracking and Exchange in procurement (STEP) is an added advantage
- Good writing and communication skills in English (all reports, documents and correspondences shall be in English).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in team and independently
How to Apply
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 am to 12 in the morning and from 2:00 to 5:00 pm local time in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest (including recent and compressive CV with a letter of application and other relevant supporting documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by May 7, 2021 on or before 4:00pm
The address:-Attn: – Faisal Shukri
Somali Regional State Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency
Jigjiga, In front of Somali Region Management Institute
Telephone number +251 915 06 6819
Country: – Ethiopia
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs