Roving Procurement & Logistics Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
Roving Procurement & Logistic Officer
|Roving Procurement & Logistics Officer
|Locally hired position
|Area of Operation:
|Starting in July 2021, one year with the possibility of extension
FCA works to enable people to break the circle of poverty and violence. We are a rights-based actor, a Finnish organization with 70 years of experience, with operations in 15 countries. FCA is Finland’s largest NGO in development cooperation and second largest provider of disaster relief. Our action is guided by international human rights standards and principles. We realize our mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and advocacy work. We contribute to positive change by supporting people in the most vulnerable situations within fragile and disaster-affected areas. We consider three thematic areas as central to sustainable change: the right to peace (R2P), livelihood (R2L) and quality education (R2QE).
In Somalia and Somaliland FCA has been working under a right to peace thematic areas since 2008 including governance and reconciliation projects and later has expanded in quality education (R2QE) thematic area.
Primary purpose of the position:
The Roving Procurement & Logistics Officer supports and delivers all FCA Logistics and procurement needs for the MFA Finland-funded project (Mideeye).
Main roles and responsibility:
- Actively engage and support the program teams in procurement planning to ensure timely delivery of project inputs and activities.
- Plan and engage with Project Managers to understand contract specifications and with suppliers to develop a profile of delivery capability, which results in effective market engagement.
- Identify, negotiate and implement contract & framework agreements, which result in efficiencies in line with financial and forecasting requirements.
- Maintain accurate auditable records of all procurement process, which result in high process compliance.
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
- Build supplier, category and market understanding through performance management, research and stakeholder briefings, which result in the management of commercial issues throughout the procurement cycle.
- Assist Admin/HR Manager in Contract & Supplier relationship management.
- Ensure weekly procurement tracker is shared consistently with all FCA to enable a close follow up of the procurement status.
- Keeping procurement files up to date for audit and compliance report needs.
- Following best value for money and ensuring proper price negotiations for all SQs
- All procurement Order Request passes the procurement stages of FCA.
- Support with partners on the procurement activity if needed,
- Ensure a robust fleet management system and that any vehicle damage/accident reported immediately and necessary follow up made.
- Preparing and updating FCA assets and inventory list and preparation of asset disposal plans,
- Support Admin/HR Manager procurement plans, procurement tables, verifying log sheets for fleet reporting and stock reports for monthly basis.
- Updating all Order Request (OR) received in the procurement plan and continuing updating each procurement stage in reports.
- Preparing monthly procurement report, monthly inventory and asset reports and sending to Admin/HR Manager.
- Preparing monthly procurement tracker report.
- Supporting state level Procurements activity and implementations.
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Procurement & Supply chain Management, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or similar fields,
- Five years of procurement and logistics experience in a busy organization, preferably in an NGO setting. Must demonstrate professional experience in legal, administrative and operational aspects of Procurement and Logistics.
- High analytical and solution oriented thinking
- Ability to work in a high-risk security area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate (proficiency in MS word & spreadsheet).
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in and Procurement/Logistics or similar fields.
- Certification in Humanitarian Procurement & Logistics Supply Chain.
Please apply by using the link no later than on 3rd July 2021. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for interview on a progressive basis.
FCA practices zero tolerance against concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen [contractor/external party name] (í.e. applicants, contracts, suppliers, consultants, etc.) against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money laundering and Combating the Financing of terrorism requirements). FCA’s Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy apply to all FCA staff.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs