Government of Somaliland – MoH
Secretary – Hargeisa, Somaliland
Human Resource Department
Position Type: Secretary for Somaliland National Mental Health Programme at the Ministry of Health Development of Somaliland
Vacant Positions (1 Position)
Working Hours: 48 Hour per week
Salary Scale: Negotiable
Job Title: Secretary
Duration: 1 year contract (After three months’ probation period) with the possibility of extension
Employer: Ministry of Health Development of Republic of Somaliland
Duty Station: Hargeisa Office, Somaliland
Posting Period: 25 May2021 to 09 June 2021
For Somaliland Nationals Only
Realizing the immense need in the area of mental health in Somaliland, the government of Somaliland with the leadership of the ministry of health is taking bold steps to reform the mental health system throughout the country. To make this work possible, the government has created a special fund for mental health which will be raised through taxation. This huge national programme will be led by the mental health section at the ministry of health development. Efforts are underway to strengthen the managerial capacity of the mental health section to lead this programme in an efficient and fruitful way. Thus, the ministry of health development is delighted to announce a position for Secretary within the mental health section.
- Manage the day-to-day functions of the office and Maintaining office/program schedules
- Maintaining activity timelines and Organizing documents and files
- Documenting financial information and Maintaining and ordering office supplies
- Scheduling meetings and conferences and Taking effective meeting minutes
- Assisting executives with project tasks and Supervising staff and employees
- Coordinating with other organizations and Implementing administrative procedures
- Organizing and distributing messages with Effective communication and report writing
- Able to work in a harsh conditions sometimes and Willing to travel to the regions
- Any other duties requested by the section head which is relevant for the work.
Qualification and Experience:
- A Minimum of Degree in Management and related discipline from a recognized University or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum two years of documented experience in office work.
Competences and Skills
- Administration and Management of office related works
- Documented knowledge and good working experience with Microsoft word and MS excel.
- Understanding of how the health care system works is an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong competence in written and spoken English is a Requirement.
- Can work both independently and as a team.
- Previous knowledge or experience in working with Mental Health isan asset.
- Application Letter
- Updated CV
- Copies of certificates and other supporting documents
- Names and contact modalities of two references and your relation to them.
- National ID Card
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications electronically (no hard copy) via email to the Following Emails:
Subject of the email as “Mental Health section: Application for Secretary ” Deadline for receiving the application is, 2:00 pm Wednesday, 09 June 2021.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for consideration.
PLEASE JOIN US – QARAN JOBS
Follow us on Social Media:-
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs