Security risk advisor – Ethiopia and Djibouti
Minimizing security risks to our staff is the highest priority. In order to achieve this, GIZ implements in its partner countries, in particular in countries with high security risks, professional security risk management systems (SRM). Security Risk Management Advisors (RMA) contribute to the safety and security of our staff and operations and thereby support the successful implementation of development programmes and cooperation. Services are rendered through our Risk Management Office, with staff stationed throughout Ethiopia and Djibouti. With excess of forty projects, that include cross border activities and partner support initiatives, close collaboration with and service delivery by the Risk Management Office is of high importance.
- Contribute to and further support a professional SRM system for GIZ Ethiopia and Djibouti, which can be adapted to specific local/regional contexts where programmes are implemented
- Develop unbiased security, conflict and actor analyses, regular situation reports, location profiles and further research documents, as well as incident reports, in coordination with the Senior RMA, and inform management and employees about changes in the security situation and support the implementation of directives for the protection of staff as required
- Deputise for the Senior RMA as and when required
- Contribute to creation, implementation and supervision of security risk management related tasks and processes, as well as administrative and data management related tasks in coordination with the Senior RMA
- Advise on SRM policies, procedures and measures for their specific contexts
- Liaise, build and maintain networks with multiple actors such as local and national authorities, international government and non-government organizations
- Support in preparation plans so that GIZ Ethiopia and Djibouti is prepared to respond to crisis on a 24/7 basis and support the Country Director (m/f/d) and Crisis Management Team as required in the event of an emergency
- Availability during crisis situations
- University degree in security risk management, crisis management, regional studies, political science or similar
- Several years of professional experience in field-based security risk management in the context of development or humanitarian work in conflict/crisis/fragile environments, and a sound knowledge of the main actors and processes within the German development cooperation
- Comprehensive understanding of the Ethiopian, Djibouti and wider African political and security context is an asset
- Proven experience in the managing of crisis situations within a security risk management function
- Excellent communication and advisory skills, ability to convince internal and external stakeholders of the importance of security risk management in the work context, combining sound analytical skills with the ability to present complex information in an easily digestible way
- High level of cultural sensitivity and empathy as well as the ability to balance a variety of interests
- Proven ability to take decisions and ensure their implementation under pressure or in critical situations
- Fluent English skills; fluent German skills are an asset
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Ethiopia.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The working environment is subject to special restrictions on the freedom of movement. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
An extension may be possible.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
If you have any questions about benefits and employment opportunities for accompanying partners, please contact: email@example.com
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QaranJobs.so
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somaliajobs