Senior Marketing Manager – Mogadishu, Somalia
Senior Marketing Manager
|Job Title||Senior Marketing Manager|
|Reports to||Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)|
The main objective role of position is to develop and maintain strong relationships across executive and mid-management levels in order to introduce and develop Amtel’s brand message and strategy. Another key objective is to provide specific guidance to the internal marketing organization regarding the Amtel’s needs and business practices. This individual must be able to understand and contribute to the development of not only the brand positioning/strategy, but also the product/services, strategy/positioning and added value differentiators to effectively meet the customers’ satisfaction. Under the direct supervision of Amtel Chief Commercial Officer, the incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with customers, resolve issues and understand how best to position both current and future brand and product offerings of Amtel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties of this position include the following:
- Closely work with Chief Commercial Officer and Senior Management Team to develop marketing and sales goals and strategies and ensure that marketing objectives of Amtel are effectively and timely implemented by the marketing team;
- Carry out market research and track the market trends to identify new opportunities for the company’s Mobile Money Services.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies for Amtel Internet Services. , aligning them with the company’s business objectives.
- Visit potential Corporate, SME & Home Users, Govt. & Local NGO to enhance the Sales of Amtel Internet Services.
- Work closely with product management teams to define appropriate marketing materials and programs;
- Work closely with the company’s sales teams and enable them to meet their sales targets by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations;
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the brand strategy, promotion activity, contests and incentive strategies;
- Build and maintain positive relationships of marketing agencies as well as ensuring the effectiveness of marketing expenses;
- Develop marketing strategy for new and existing products;
- Oversee implementation of the marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing and public relations (PR);
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition of the company.
- Work on complex issues which requires input from multiple sources and innovative problem
Minimum Education and Experience Requirement:
- Master ‘s Degree in Business administration, Marketing or related field.
- At least five (5) year of experience in marketing; experience in the telecommunication industry is preferred.
- Six (6) to seven (7) years of experience in developing and executing strategic marketing and branding is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven track record of successfully managing branding, marketing strategy, marketing campaigns, sales promotion activity etc.;
- Experience establishing and managing agency relationship and marketing activities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow sound business ethics when executing job responsibilities to build and maintain management confidence;
- Clear articulation of ideas, advanced presentation skills and persuasive written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively across all functional areas of the customer organization;
- Working knowledge of digital marketing and use of devices (tablet, smart-phone, feature phone, etc.);
- Strong analytical and fact-based decision-making skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with various cross-functional teams throughout the organization;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build consensus with teams and co-workers;
- Strong business writing and presentation skills;
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills; and
- Strong attention to details, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and strong ability to meet multiple deadlines.
All applications should be marked as “Senior Marketing Manager in the subject line and each application should include the following:
- Cover letter explaining why you are best suited for the position,
- An updated CV showing relevant qualifications and work experience, and
- Three contactable references
- Attached Academic& Work Experience Documents including with (Degree, Master, PhD and Work Reference Letters)
Mogadishu local residents are highly encouraged to apply this Position.
Applications must be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline of this post is from 5th September 2023 up to 20th September 2023 4:00 pm Somalia time. Late applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.