Senior Project Coordinator – Mogadishu
losing date 19 Oct 2020
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
In late 2019 parts of Somalia experienced some of the worst flooding in the country’s recent history resulting in several deaths & significant damage to infrastructure, crops, property & livestock. Further to this flood event, a joint assessment was undertaken by the WB & the Federal Govt. of Somalia (FGS) to assess the losses & damage caused by the floods & to develop a strategy for immediate recovery & long term resilience building. As a result Somalia Crisis Recovery Project (SCRP) was formulated & financed by the WB to the Federal Ministry of Finance (MOF). The project aimed at supporting the recovery of livelihoods & infrastructure in flood & drought affected areas & strengthening the capacity for disaster preparedness nationwide, has 5 components:
- Component 1: Immediate basic services & livelihood support.
- Component 2: Medium term flood recovery.
- Component 3: Longer term disaster preparedness.
- Component 4: Project management.
- Component 5: Contingent emergency response.
The recovery interventions will focus on 3 flood affected sates (Hirshabelle, South West State & Jubaland), while the long term interventions will focus on a broader national coverage, enabling govt. capacity strengthening in Disaster Risk Management. The FGS has now commenced the implementation of SCRP activities with our client assisting with the technical support. They have now commenced the recruitment of project personnel to support the FGS – Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in various technical & implementation support tasks.
The Project Coordination Officer embedded within the PIU team of the FGS will be responsible for facilitating the project activities liaison & coordination support with the PIU & other project stakeholders. The roles and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Engage with the PIU in the development of plans for the key stakeholder consultation process, in particular consultation with the Federal Member States (FMS), state project teams & the relevant state govt. institutions.
- Participate in stakeholder consultation meetings, prepare meeting meetings & assist the PIU in successfully delivering the intended outcomes of the meetings.
- Work with PIU in the development of project prioritization documentation, work plans & related project documents with input from our clients team.
- Represent our client within the PIU on day to day contacts & deliver SCRP project support services to PIU under the guidance from the Team Leader (TL).
- Oversee in M&E support to SCRP components, engage in reports preparation & documents translation etc.
- Actively engage with the State Project Teams (SPT) & support providing our client services to the SPTs.
- Support with SCRP project logistics such as facilitating our clients resources mobilizations to the states & assisting with operational tasks.
- Engaged in knowledge transfer & capacity strengthening activities to support the PIU & SPT team members.
- Prepare PIU support progress reports outlining achievements, issues encountered & proposed improvements etc., as requested by the TL.
- Other tasks & duties requested by the TL to support delivering services within the overall objective of this position.
- This role will report to the Team Leader (TL) from our client’s side.
- This role has not team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 11 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
Qualification & experience:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in an area relevant to the position roles & responsibilities is required.
- Minimum of 11 years of experience in project or program coordination, stakeholder engagement, client interaction or related areas is required.
- Fluent in written & spoken Somali & English is required.
- Report writing skills are required.
- Previous experience is working with the FGS or FMS is desirable.
- Must be fluent in English & Somali.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: